Happy Easter! Whether you’re celebrating the beautiful Spring holiday with a luxurious meal, or you’re hunting up eggs hidden by the Easter Bunny, I hope that you’re having a relaxing Sunday.
After a couple of weeks jam-packed with exciting Disney news, this week was a little more relaxed on the information front, as guests enjoyed the Spring Break Season in the Parks. Lines have been long, and we’ve seen all kinds of pop up food spots to feed hungry vacationers.
The Polynesian Village Resort has continued to take center stage at Walt Disney World this week, as the classic hotel celebrated its official grand re-opening. And of course, lines continue to be long at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto during its first preview days.
Let’s kick off this holiday Sunday by re-capping the Disney Food News from this week.
Disney Food News
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort is now in soft openings! Enjoy this First Look at all the drinks, food, and fun in store!
- Aunt Polly’s on Tom Sawyer Island in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is OPEN for a limited time to feed hungry Spring Break crowds! Check out the menu at this historically beloved spot!
- The 2015 Grand Floridian Easter Eggs are on display until April 10, 2015. Take a look at our photo tour of this year’s display.
- Tickets are now on sale for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!
- We anticipate that The Boathouse will be opening in Downtown Disney this month, and rumor has it that one of our favorite Disney performers may be joining the entertainment line-up — Yeeha Bob!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including Special Holiday Events, Menu Changes, Restaurant Closure Updates, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Today, we’re featuring treats that YOU make at home!
Julia Scillieri Blake has created this beautiful Frozen-inspired cake for one lucky birthday girl!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: The FULLY UPDATED DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book, 2015-16 Edition
Magic Kingdom Snacks are some of our favorite treats in all the World! And in fact, many of them can just about amount to a meal. And those are just a couple of the reasons we are so excited to announce that the 2015-16 Edition of The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book is now available!
To celebrate the 2015-16 launch of this important book, we have a great discount for you! Our readers can get the new guide for $3 off the purchase price for a limited time — just use code MK15 at the check-out!
It’s time to snag your copy! Here are the details.
The Disney Food Blog Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book
Now we’ve updated our best-selling DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book for 2015-16 with even more great information, photos, and…yep!…snacks (about 30 more than the 2014 edition)!
Don’t Miss Out on the Best Snacks in the Magic Kingdom!
This guide is guaranteed to help you find the best snacks and treats (even mini-meals!) for your family while visiting the Magic Kingdom — or we’ll refund the purchase price. We all know that treats at Magic Kingdom are just as nostalgic as our first flight on Dumbo!
The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book includes:
- Full-color photos of over 170 of our favorite snacks
- Current prices and Disney Dining Plan snack credit status. Don’t waste those snack credits!!
- Snack locations
- “Hidden treats” and add-ons that aren’t published on menus or that aren’t widely known
- Disney Food Blog reviews of all snacks
- Tips and tricks from experienced snack eaters
- Special Bonus items you’re going to love! (Of course…how could we not include these?)
Know what you’re getting BEFORE using a precious snack credit or spending limited vacation dollars. Whether you want sweet, salty, crunchy, healthy, or something in between, The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book tells you where to find a snack to match your craving!
For easy access in the parks, put the guide on your smartphone or ipad. With the handy e-book format, just load it onto your electronic device, and off you go — no bulky guide books to carry along!
To thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $3 off its already discounted purchase price for a limited time! Order your copy now for only $9.95 (regularly $12.95). To secure the discount, use code MK15 at the check-out.
Did You Purchase a Previous Edition of the DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks?
If you purchased a copy of a previous edition of the DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks BEFORE April 2, 2015, we’ve got great news for you! Previous purchasers will receive a $4 discount off of the 2015-16 edition of the guide. Please email us at Support@DFBGuide.com and note the email address used to purchase the earlier e-Book to receive your special discount code!
Thanks for your support of DFB!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix features Summer Fun Plates — just in time for outdoor eating season. Who’s up for a picnic?
Wilderness Lodge Site has some great ways to relax at Wilderness Lodge — including a nice spot to grab an adult beverage.
WDW for Grownups offers a review of the Rye Manhattan at Crockett’s Tavern.
Disney Parks Blog offers an in-depth look at wine tasting aboard the ships of the Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Hipsters reviews lunch at Magic Kingdom’s Crystal Palace, and finds a nice assortment of vegetarian dishes.
The Huffington Post takes a closer look at Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC in Downtown Disney (soon to be Disney Springs).