We’re celebrating 90 years with Mickey Mouse at the parks of Walt Disney World this weekend, and what that means is lots, and lots, and lots of cake! Animal Kingdom Lodge’s quick service spot The Mara (home of our beloved Peanut Butter Brownie) is joining the party is a Happy Birthday Mickey Gateau that is way more than just a cake.
You love beignets? You love burgers? This might be right up your alley!
Debuting today at Port Orleans French Quarter’s Sassagoula Floatworks food court in Disney World is a sweet-meets-savory entree that seems like the perfect combo: the Beignet Burger.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from Epcot, where the 2018 Festival of the Holidays has officially started today!!
The Epcot Festival of the Holidays celebrates the season by recognizing holiday traditions from cultures around the globe, and since FOOD is a major part of the holiday season pretty much everywhere, Epcot also hosts Holiday Kitchens as part of the Festival! [Read more…]
At the D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event taking place in Walt Disney World this weekend, we learned a TON about new and exciting experiences coming to Disney Parks from coast to coast! And today, we have more to share about the newly announced Get Your Ears On — A Mickey and Minnie Celebration coming to Disneyland Resort!
It’s been a blast celebrating 90 Years with Mickey Mouse this weekend (it’s his official birthday TODAY!), but the Party will continue into next year! January 2019 will bring the biggest celebration of Mickey and Minnie in Disneyland history to guests at the Resort. The celebration will include new entertainment and decor at Disneyland park, as well as limited time food, drinks, and merchandise.
Mickey’s Mix Magic
A NEW projection show celebrating Mickey will make its debut on January 18th in Disneyland park! Mickey’s Mix Magic will deliver a “dance party atmosphere” throughout the park with state-of-the-art projections, lighting and lasers transforming Main Street, U.S.A. [Read more…]
This weekend we’ll be celebrating 90 years with MICKEY MOUSE!
Suffice it to say, our favorite Mouse has had a HUGE effect on pop culture over the years, so what better place to mark the decades with Mickey than at Pop Century Resort, where we’re checking out What’s New!
Mickey’s Birthday Activities
Pop Century will be celebrating the Main Mouse with Mickey’s A-Mouse-ing Birthday Bash on Mickey’s birthday, November 18th! Special activities will include Character Greetings, Place the Party Hat on the Mouse, and a Hot Diggity Dance Party. [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was announced as one of the new attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill soft opening date announced! Check out the menu here.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- New nighttime spectaculars, pavilion entertainment, and more announced for Epcot.
- Get a closer look at the new Star Wars Resort coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new holiday treats at The Ganachery in Disney Springs.
- We have details on all the holiday treats in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve dinners at Disney World and Disneyland.
- We have lots of news from this weekend’s Destination D event.
- Check out the Mickey Birthday Cupcakes at Gasparilla Grill and Contempo Cafe!
- The Gingerbread Carousel is up at Disney’s Beach Club!
- It’s time to pre-order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
- Check out this Steamboat Willie Heritage Mickey Mousse at the Boardwalk Bakery!
- We were celebrating Mickey’s 90th Birthday in the Magic Kingdom with special treats and fun merchandise!
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- We checked out everything new at Hollywood Studios this week.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland!
- We have details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out everything new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on where to find all the holiday treats in Disney Springs!
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out the seasonal Cranberry Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We reviewed the holiday treats at the Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House.
- Check out the holiday treats – and cookie shots – at Disney’s Grand Californian!
- The Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House is open for the 2018 season!
- Check out these fun holiday krispy treats in the Disney Parks.
- We spotted some fun new merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cheshire Cat cupcake of the month at All Star Music Resort.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- New latte art debuts at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- We shared details on a V.I.Passholder Pop Up event for Mickey’s birthday!
- Check out the latest details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot.
- More details were announced for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- The opening season was announced for the Disney Skyliner.
- More details were revealed for Epcot’s Space Restaurant!
- Check out this new Churro Toffee we spotted in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Birthday Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Tambu Lounge has reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- Check out this must-have holiday glow cube from Disneyland.
- There’s a new slushie and a new dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- A new holiday dessert is on the menu at the 4R Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck.
- Check out all the limited time treats at Disney World and Disneyland for Mickey’s 90th birthday.
- We reviewed some holiday treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Goofy’s Candy Company is serving up gourmet cotton candy.
- New DFB YouTube videos: DFB Throwdown: The Polite Pig vs. D-Luxe Burger, 10 Great Ways to Spend $50 at Disney World, What’s New at Disney World and Disneyland, and 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World
We received information on both attractions coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge today at the D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event! Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek revealed the name for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and the ride that will put you on a Resistance Troop Transport…
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has been revealed as the name of the attraction that will place guests right in the middle of “an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order.” [Read more…]
SURPRISE! Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill in Disney Springs may be soft opening sooner than anticipated.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open in Disneyland in the summer of 2019 and in Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in late fall of 2019. It’s getting closer every day… and now we have more information to share — thanks to today’s D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event — about the land’s highly anticipated Millennium Falcon attraction… including the name!
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will allow guests who have traveled all the way to the planet of Batuu to take control of the Millennium Falcon in one of three unique flight crew roles. [Read more…]
With the current construction of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille attractions in Epcot (not to mention the Disney Skyliner), it’s obvious that BIG CHANGES are taking place in Disney World’s Epcot.
And this morning at the D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event, we learned more information about some things that we knew were coming during the park’s multi-year transformation, as well as some brand new experiences on the way!
Let’s begin with the park’s nighttime spectacular…
TWO New Nighttime Spectaculars
Earlier this year, it was revealed that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth would be ending its run as Epcot’s nighttime spectacular in 2019. But how will this iconic show be replaced? [Read more…]