Just a few days ago, we told you about the Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket that finally arrived at Walt Disney World (after reaching legendary status at Disneyland!)
Interesting! Disney has just announced a FREE DINING FOR KIDS package for most nights from May 28-August 30, 2018!
Disney World FREE Dining for Kids Details!
Receive a FREE dining plan for kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day Magic Your Way package for you and your child (or children)! Magic Your Way packages include a room at a select Disney Resort, theme park tickets, and a Disney Dining Plan.
Don’t forget! Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens on June 30, 2018, so this summer is a great time to grab the kids and go on a Disney World vacation!!
Here are the specifics…
Are you ready to become part of a BIGGER UNIVERSE? Because Disney — together with Marvel Studios and Marvel Themed Entertainment — is developing three news areas that “will champion the next generation of Super Heroes.” New heroic experiences are on the way to Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and DISNEYLAND RESORT in California!
Disney California Adventure
Disneyland Resort will debut an entirely new Super Hero-themed land in 2020, with further anticipated experiences beyond that.
As part of the evolution of Disney California Adventure park, the transformation will result in a “completely immersive Super Hero universe,” bringing together The Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and the Avengers. The new land will be anchored by the Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction, in the current “a bug’s land” area.
Note that “a bug’s land” will close entirely in late summer to make way for this new land. See ya later Chew-Chew Train!
More Marvel in More Disney Destinations
Editor’s Note: We’ll be updating this post regularly as we learn more about how specialty, non-alcoholic drinks are being classified at Walt Disney World. If you’ve had experience with the plan, please comment below so we can add it to the post! Thanks, Disney food friends!
When the 2018 Disney Dining Plan details were released last June, many guests were excited to discover that alcoholic drinks would be included. For those who like to try adult beverages at Walt Disney World, this was an immediate way to bump up the value of the Disney Dining Plan!
But what about those guests who choose not to drink alcohol or who are under 21 years old (but still required to pay the adult price)? How can they maximize the 2018 Disney Dining Plan by imbibing in “specialty beverages” promised by the new DDP?
Storybook Treats at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is the place to go for ice cream in Fantasyland. Located adjacent to Friar’s Nook — where you can currently find Loaded Tots! — Storybook Treats serves up hot fudge sundaes, strawberry sundaes, and floats to guests looking for cool snack.
It’s challenge time, Disney food friends! And this time it’s all about the Main Mouse: Mickey! You already know that we love pretty much all things Mickey-shaped, so what better excuse to munch on those iconic ears than with a Mickey-Shaped Food Challenge?! Thanks to our DFB youtube channel viewer who suggested this fun challenge!
Disney Food Challenge: Mickey-Shaped Eats
Check out 19 of our favorites below — and see if you can get ‘em all!!!
These extra-ticket events take place on select nights in Magic Kingdom.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Everything from trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom, the Boo-To-You Parade, and Happy HalloWishes Halloween Fireworks is included in Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, along with access to Magic Kingdom attractions and meet-and-greets with characters in their Halloween costumes.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will run on the following dates in 2018:
Guests at Disney World’s Caribbean Beach Resort can now enjoy a brand new Counter Service option with Spyglass Grill!
Located by the pool in the Trinidad South section of the Resort, this walk-up window is serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The menu options focus on popular quick service eats, but with an added infusion of Caribbean flavors. For instance, breakfast choices include Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast with strawberry guava syrup and Pineapple-Banana Pancakes. And the Breakfast Cuban is made with ham, pulled pork, egg, and Swiss cheese.
So…a poutine cloud apparently burst over Orlando and now you can get varieties of this relatively obscure French Canadian pub grub delicacy pretty much everywhere in Disney World. There’s even a dining spot completely dedicated to poutine.
The dish traditionally consists of French fries covered in cheese curds and brown gravy, and Canadians will cheerfully tell you that NONE of the dishes below qualify. Yet they’re called Poutine on the menu, and since we love french fries with stuff piled on top of them, we’re happy to tally them up for you!
Oh, and here’s some real Canadian poutine for reference.
So here’s the Disney World Poutine Crawl!
Cheddar Cheese Poutine — Refreshment Port, Epcot
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is ON! We have FULL MENUS for the Epcot Flower and Garden FESTIVAL plus Photos of EVERY FOOD ITEM and most beverages!
And, the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is happening through April 12! Click here for the FULL MENUS and ALL the FOOD PHOTOS for the DCA Food and Wine Festival!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have the dates for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- The Midnattssol Bakeri is now open in Epcot’s Norway Pavilion!!
- The Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival is still happening at Raglan Road in Disney Springs.
- You have to check out all the treats from Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats on the Disney Dream!
- Watermelon Chili Lime Beignets are on the menu at Disneyland’s Mint Julep Bar!
- We have MORE Citrus Swirl news from the Magic Kingdom!
- Early registration for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon is ON!
- Reservations are now open for the Pixar Play Zone at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Check out the update about guacamole at Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe!
- We checked out a unique slushy at the Golden Oak Outpost in the Magic Kingdom.
- We have a first look at Rapunzel’s Royal Table on the Disney Magic.
- No more free parking at Disney World’s hotels!
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the all-new Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Disneyland!
- Check out whether Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge still has it.
- There’s a new food challenge-worthy breakfast sandwich at Disney’s All Star Music Resort.
- We shared a lot of exciting news about Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier at Disneyland Resort.
- Here’s the location of Club 33 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Check out the best eats for kids at the 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Disney Desserts You MUST Experience and How to Outsmart the Crowds at Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]