If you’re planning a vacation to Walt Disney World or Disneyland, then you can make your dining reservations well in advance of your trip!
PLEASE NOTE: The process for booking dining reservations for Walt Disney World restaurants recently changed as part of the reopening of the Resort’s theme parks in July 2020.
BE ADVISED THAT during the initial reopening phase, you will need: (1) valid park admission (2) a required reservation for park entry AND (3) a dining reservation to dine at a Table Service restaurant in one of the parks. Disney states that “Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.”
There are hundreds of dining opportunities in Disney parks and resorts, and many of these are sit-down, or “table-service,” restaurants. Even if you’re traveling during a less-crowded season, it’s always recommended that you make Advance Dining Reservations, or ADRs, for your meals.
BOOKING DINING in WALT DISNEY WORLD
Guests are able to make a dining reservation at most Disney World restaurants up to 60 days in advance of your meal. (Resort hotel guests may make reservations up to 60 days in advance plus the length of their stay up to 10 days.)
To make online reservations, click on any table service restaurant name in our
DISNEY WORLD RESTAURANT GUIDE
and select “Book Online.”
To reserve by phone, call 407-WDW-DINE (3463), answer a few voice-activated questions, and you’ll be transferred to a dining agent who will book your meals for you.
You can also book online using the Disney World Website. Just enter your search specifics in the Disney search box, or use the Check Availability Tool on any individual Table Service restaurant’s page.
From here, you will enter your party size for the date and meal time you are interested in.
Additionally, dining reservations can be made replicating the steps above on the My Disney Experience app on your smart device.
Things to Note:
- Wondering what Disney restaurants are right for your family? Use our customized Disney Restaurant Search Tool to plug in your criteria and read about recommended restaurants!
- Want to know what the most popular Disney World Restaurants are? Check out our Best Disney World Restaurants page! Too late to get a reservation? Check out our Most Popular Disney World Restaurants (And Alternatives When They’re Full!) post!
- Disney World table service locations require a credit card number for booking. Your card won’t be charged at booking, but it will be held and charged a nominal fee if you don’t show up for the meal or cancel less than a day in advance. See more information here.
- There are a few restaurants that require pre-payment (i.e. Cinderella’s Royal Table and other select specialty dining experiences)
- Don’t want to schedule your whole trip around dining reservations? Here’s a great list of restaurants where you can usually get a seat, even if you don’t have a reservation: Best Disney World Restaurants Without a Reservation
- Disney has instituted technologies to deter double-bookings and skipped reservations. See details here.
For more Disney dining information, including details on dining discounts, restaurants, dining plans, menus, and more, visit our Disney Dining Reference Page.
And for a soup to nuts look at Dining in Disney World, including over 700 pages of tips, experience-based advice, recommendations and suggestions, and more, check out our Disney Food Blog Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book!
BOOKING DINING in DISNEYLAND
PLEASE NOTE: A reopening date for Disneyland Resort has not yet been announced. We will update the section below with any new information regarding booking dining reservations in Disneyland Resort when it is revealed. Guests are currently able to make dining reservations for select restaurants in the Downtown Disney District.
Most Disneyland dining reservations can currently be made 60 days in advance. Just call 714-781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (Pacific Time) up to 60 days prior to your trip and a cast member will help you book your dining.
You can also book online using the Check Availability tool on each restaurant’s page located on Disneyland’s Website or the Disneyland app, taking the same steps as seen above from the Walt Disney World website.
Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel can also enjoy Preferred Reservation Access (meaning that a limited number of seats are reserved for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests) for the following dining venues by calling (417) 781-DINE:
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Carthay Circle Restaurant
- Catal Restaurant
- Goofy’s Kitchen
- La Brea Bakery Cafe
- Napa Rose
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
- Plaza Inn
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Tortilla Jo’s
Please Note: Disneyland table service locations also require a credit card number for booking. Your card won’t be charged at booking, but it will be held and charged a nominal fee if you don’t show up for the meal or cancel less than a day in advance.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!