We’re celebrating 90 years with Mickey Mouse at the parks of Walt Disney World this weekend, and what that means is lots, and lots, and lots of cake! Animal Kingdom Lodge’s quick service spot The Mara (home of our beloved Peanut Butter Brownie) is joining the party is a Happy Birthday Mickey Gateau that is way more than just a cake.
“Who’s the leader of the Club that’s made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!“
It’s almost time to celebrate the 90th Birthday of everyone’s best pal, MICKEY MOUSE! And what better way to celebrate any birthday than with a cake? Or a push pop? Or a pretzel? How about a specialty cheeseburger or salad? You’ll find ALL those things — and MORE! — in Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort this coming weekend ONLY to celebrate Mickey’s Birthday!
In Walt Disney World, the snacks you see below will be available at their designated locations from November 16th – 18th. In Disneyland Resort, you’ll find the snacks on November 17th and 18th only (unless otherwise noted below).
So get ready to pick out which snack you’d like to celebrate Mickey with from the lists below! [Read more…]
Just when we thought Disney’s Animal Kingdom might be going straight from Halloween to Christmas, they surprised us with a new cupcake perfect for the time in between the spooky season and the holiday season.
Introducing the new Thanksgiving Cupcake! What flavor is it, where can you get one, and can you use a snack credit? Let’s find out!
As part of Mickey Mouse’s 90th Birthday celebration, you can snap a fun picture in front of this adorable new Tomorrowland wall and support the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Read on to find out how!
Since it’s after 11:59 PM on October 31, the holiday season has officially arrived at Walt Disney World! This adorable Mickey Snowman Ornament Drink Holder was one of the first festive items to make an appearance at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
You’ve probably seen this cute little guy all over Instagram, and it’s no surprise that he keeps selling out.
There’s always something new happening at Walt Disney World‘s Magic Kingdom! Even though we were last in the park less than a week ago, there was still plenty of newness for us to discover.
Come along and take a look at everything new we encountered this week!
Back in July, we told you about Animal Kingdom’s newest place to chill out: Restaurantosaurus Lounge. At the time, it was described as undergoing a three month trial period and had limited hours from 5PM to closing. But we loved the concept, particularly as indoor air conditioned places to rest our adventuring feet are always welcome in Walt Disney World’s largest park.
That said, as much as we love the concept, sticking a “lounge” in a corner of a counter service restaurant does not make for a relaxing retreat. We’ll give you our full thoughts at the end of this article, but first — some details… .
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
There’s just a few weeks left for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages! PLUS – check out our BEST OF THE FEST!
Halloween Time is happening right NOW at Disneyland and we have details on ALL THE FOOD!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We reviewed the Mickey Pumpkin Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We checked out the Chocolate Experience at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We reviewed the Caramel Apple Cupcake at Roaring Fork.
- We’re talking about tiny, adorable Disney creations that you’ve gotta check out.
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- You’ve got to check out the new Cinderella dishware we found.
- Check out the new Mickey Mouse Club Collection coming to World of Disney!
- Get the details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We’re sharing Disney Skyliner details and a countdown.
- We’re checking out the new character-inspired treats coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new Disney food-inspired accessories in the Disney Parks.
- There’s a great Halloween cupcake at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- Stitch-on-the-Shelf has arrived at Disney World!
- Lovepop is open at Disney Springs and you’ve gotta check it out.
- Check out this sneak preview of the reimagined World of Disney in Disney Springs.
- We have details on the new nature-inspired hotel coming to Disney World!
- Your furry friends will love the merch at Disney Tails.
- Check out everything NEW we spotted at Epcot this week – including this great merchandise.
- We have details on the taping of the Disney Holiday Parade Special.
- Check out the concept art for the rooftop dining coming to Coronado Springs! And more concept art was revealed here!
- We have details on even more fall foods at Disney World.
- Check out the construction update for Guardians of the Galaxy attraction at Epcot.
- Where can you find the Pumpkin Spice Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich?
- We have details on the progress of the Ratatouille ride and Disney Skyliner at Epcot.
- We shared info on a restaurant refurb and new construction at Epcot.
- Disney World’s Splitsville is offering a Cast Member special!
- We spotted Jack Skellington Pumpkin Cotton Candy in Disneyland.
- Check out what’s new at the Magic Kingdom!
- You’ve got to check out the new Nightmare Before Christmas 25th anniversary merch.
- We spotted attraction-inspired Spirit Jerseys at Disney World.
- We shared the 5 best table service salads at Disney World.
- A new Disney Junior Dance Party is coming to Hollywood Studios this December.
- Check out the holiday preview for Toy Story Land.
- Sprinkles has limited-time cupcakes right now.
- We shared details on the holiday menus coming to Raglan Road in Disney Springs.
- Check out the price increases for Annual Passholders at Disney World.
- We checked out how much ticket prices increased this week.
- We spotted new packaging for Goofy’s Candy Company treats!
- Where can you find Pumpkin Dole Whip?
- We reviewed the Panko Corn Dog at Disneyland.
- Cookes of Dublin launched Mobile Order!
- We checked out the new El Mercado de Coronado in Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- There’s Purple Wall Cotton Candy in the Magic Kingdom now!
- New DFB YouTube videos: Epcot’s Spice Road Table Review, 25 Amazing Disney World Dishes You’ve Never Had But You’ve Got to Try, What to Eat and What to Skip at Wine Bar George, and 6 Hidden Disney Expenses You Need to Plan For.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 6 Hidden Disney Expenses You Need to Plan For Now
We occasionally hear chatter from readers who think Walt Disney World kicks off the Halloween season too early. After all, the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party was on August 17 — 2.5 months before the actual holiday and, really, still in the throes of a sweltering summer in central Florida (not unlike today). But one thing you’ve gotta give the Disney Parks props for is providing plenty of seasonal snacks to keep us interested. 😉
Enter this Halloween Cupcake, spotted all over Animal Kingdom!
No visit to a Disney Park is complete without a wander through the stores. Our visit to Animal Kingdom was no different, and we found some pretty fun new merch for Halloween and Christmas!
We love that in the Animal Kingdom Discovery Trading Company they put this sign out about Bats at Halloween every year.