Snacks Series: Dole Whip

Aloha Isle

You may have passed it a million times, but that Adventureland Dole Whip stand — otherwise known as Aloha Isle — holds a little golden treasure worth digging (into your pockets!) for.

The authentic Dole Whip‘s core ingredient is Soft-Serve Pineapple Sorbet, and it can be served float-style, with pineapple juice; or all alone. No matter how you get it, you’re spending under $5. (NOTE: The stand also serves chocolate, orange, and vanilla soft-serve, which you can have in a soda pop float if desired…but why wouldn’t you want a REAL Dole Whip?)

Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float

Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float

You’ll find Aloha Isle just past the entrance to Adventureland in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, but there are several other places on Disney World and Disneyland property where you can get the coveted Dole Whip! Check out our Dole Whip, Dole Whip, Everywhere! post to see photos and locations from the four best places to get a Dole Whip in Disney!

If you’re not getting to a Disney park for a while, check out this collection of spots where you can find Dole Whip elsewhere in the United States!

To see more of our favorite Disney snacks, check out our “You Won’t Believe This!” Snack Series!

1. Gina says:

Ah, but you must try the orange Dole Whip in a float (with the pineapple juice)! YUM!

I am working on a Dole Whip clone that can be made at home, and I think I’m very close! LOVE me some Dole Whip! :-)

2. admin says:

YUM! I’ve never even thought about the orange dole whip with pineapple juice! Can’t wait for the recipe for your at-home version… :-)

3. Gina says:

You asked for it, you got it, along with a pineapple Julius-type beverage, and even some Bengal BBQ! Here’s the link: http://lindseysluscious.blogspot.com/2009/06/tasty-ways-to-deal-with-your-disney.html

Love your blog, by the way! :-)

4. admin says:

Rock on! Can’t wait to try it out!!! Perfect for July 4th, right!?

5. Diane says:

Just returned from WDW. On a day where the temp was 97 and the heat index was 112, I sought the Aloha Isle station just for one of these. I had the pineapple float with orange. It was delicious and really hit the spot. It truly was refreshing and worth the snack credit.

Sounds heavenly, Diane! :-)

7. Samantha says:

Random question– when I was a kid and visited in the mid-90s I remember so vividly that you could get orange from the Sunshine Tree Terrace, pineapple (i.e. Dole Whip) from Aloha Isle, and I’m almost sure there was a strawberry soft-serve swirl at what’s now Storybook Treats. Not the sundae, but like, a variety similar to the orange and pineapple still served at the other places. I used to try to collect all 3 flavors in one trip!!! Does anyone else remember this, or was it a Disney-trip induced dream?

8. briggs says:

does it have milk or egg in it

9. Liane says:

This past January I was at the magic kingdom with my friend and she insisted on having one of these, despite it being around 35 degrees that night! I decided to go ahead and try one too, and it was amazing! Now a trip to disney will never be complete without having one! :-)

10. Josie says:

So where in Magic Kingdom is the dole whip stand?? I’m going tomorrow and want to know where it is.

Josie — Aloha Isle in Adventureland :)

12. Josie says:

Thanks! We went today. Pineapple is not my thing, so I got vanilla, but my mom got pineapple and loved it!

13. Dottie says:

Don’t forget the Siesta Key Rum Dole Whip being featured at Epcots Festiful in Canada yum

14. Steve says:

You can get the Dole mix from Gordon Food Service, we now have it in the soft serve machine at Alma College in Michigan!