Monorail Crawl

Polynesian Signature Drinks

Polynesian Signature Drinks

You’re familiar with the bar crawl and the pub crawl (for our friends across the pond). You may even be familiar with Drinking Around the World at Epcot’s World Showcase. But have you ever done the Monorail Crawl?!?

Disney World’s three monorail resorts–Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary–each have great lounges where you can relax, chat with friends, and experience the theme of the individual hotels. It’s a fun way to resort hop, spend a little non-park time, and have a few fun drinks along the way! See you at Tambu Lounge, Mizner’s Lounge, and the Outer Rim Lounge!

So simply start at one of the resort lounges, have a drink, then take the monorail to the next resort lounge and do the same. Continue all the way around the monorail loop!

1. Brad says:

Sadly once you get to the Magic Kingdom you can’t drink there, but you can change monorails and go to Epcot!

2. Gray says:

Sounds like fun! But I wouldn’t want to do it alone–how would I find my way back to my own resort? LOL.

3. admin says:

Guess you’ll just have to book a room at the Poly that night ;-)

4. Cheryl says:

My daughter and I have done this and wrapped up with dinner at the Contemporary! It was great

5. Brandon says:

The wife and I are going to give this one a shot in a few weeks…with a dinner at The Wave in between our drinks at the GF and Poly!

6. Meg says:

This may be a dumb question, but do you have to have WDW tickets for that day or can you just go to the resorts and hop on the monorail? I’ll be in FL in August with my sister and we were just thinking of doing DT Disney for night life while there, (since it’s free Disney entertainment..we won’t be there long enough for a park visit but still want some Disney magic!) but this sounds like something we have to do!!!

Meg — You should be able to head to the resorts and hop on the monorail. :-)

8. Paul says:

We think that you wouldn’t have access to a resort monorail station without access to the resort parking without a reservation or to the Ticket and Transportation Center without paying for parking at Magic Kingdom or EPCOT main parking lots.

9. Erica says:

Thanks for the great idea! I have added this activity to my WDW Bucket List on Pinterest :-)