Happy weekend! We hope you’re having a wonderful, relaxing weekend! Now it’s time to grab a cup of tea (or coffee), sit back, and check out the latest in Disney food news!
Perhaps the most exciting news right now is that we’re less than three weeks away from the start of the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! If you’re headed to this year’s Festival you should definitely check out these grown-up frozen drinks!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Orlando’s Magical Dining Month starts August 29 and several Disney-area restaurants are participating this year!
- Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has a couple new American Kobe Beef items on the menu.
- There is a new version of the Mickey Chocolate Covered S’more at Disneyland!
- The fifth annual Great Irish Hooley is planned for Labor Day Weekend at Raglan Road!
- Joffrey’s Coffee has added a Le Cellier Blend to its Disney Parks and Resorts Specialty Coffees Collection!
- We recently dined at California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and have a review for you!
- Vivoli il Gelato at Disney Springs has added a Creamsicle Float and a Nutella Brownie Sundae to the menu!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Ample Hills Creamery opened in the spring at Disney’s BoardWalk and we fell in love with the delicious house-made ice cream! DFB reader Beth recently shared her Ample Hills ice cream with us – OK, it was just a photo but it looks delicious! Her selections? Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookie. Definitely a combo we need to try!
A couple weeks ago we reviewed the Mickey Oreo Cheesecake at Sunshine Season’s in Epcot’s The Land pavilion. This week our friend Cristie Garcia shared a photo of herself – enjoying a Mickey Oreo Cheesecake! So fun!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
DFB Readers #OnTheList Suggestions
As part of our new #OnTheList series we’ll be sharing weekly some of our readers’ suggestions for what they would add to the Disney Food bucket list!
Check out our #OnTheList page to see what’s on OUR Disney Food Bucket List!
Deal of the Week: 20% Off the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival with code Chefs16
With more than 250 pages of new information for 2016, the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival has everything covered to ensure that you have your absolute best Food and Wine Festival yet! And to celebrate our grand launch, we’re offering 20% off the cover price! Just use discount code Chefs16 at check-out to secure your savings!
The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book features all the info you need to know about this year’s events, from what’s NEW, to brand new touring strategies — created with this year’s special events in mind!
The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food & Wine Festival includes customized bonus items that surpass any other Food & Wine Festival coverage that’s out there. These include:
- A full, daily schedule of events for every day of the festival — this is the only place you’ll find this schedule anywhere!
- A printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist that you can use to plan, and easily bring with you to the festival
- Themed World Showcase booth crawls, including “Fun Eats for the Kids,” the “Carnivore Crawl,” the “Continent Crawl,” and so many more!
- Food and Wine Festival customized Touring Strategies for One Day visits, Budget-Conscious visits, and even one to celebrate the TV Show The Chew!
- A chapter dedicated to all “New for 2016″ events, menu items, booths, and more
- Full food, wine, beer, winery, cocktail, and chef indexes, including dates and locations of where you can find your favorites
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival recipes
- Top tips on how to use MyMagic+ and the Disney Dining Plan at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- And more!
Whether this is your first festival or your 21st, you’ll appreciate knowing what you are getting before spending time and vacation dollars. And no matter what you want do — sample wine, explore the world’s beers, taste something you’ve never tried before, or find your next favorite dessert — The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is the perfect resource for navigating the biggest Epcot Food and Wine Festival ever.
And we’re so excited to share it with you that in celebration of the grand launch, we’re offering 20% off the purchase price! Order your copy now for only $11.96 (regularly $14.95). To secure the discount, use code Chefs at the check-out.
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix celebrated National Waffle Day with this Mickey Mouse Waffle Iron.
Walt Disney World for Grownups shared their love for Maple Bacon Cinnamon Roll from the End Zone Food Court.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for STK’s Tomato and Watermelon Salad.
Disney Family shared an allergy-friendly recipe for Rapunzel’s Frying Pan Cookie.
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!