Kungaloosh!

It’s been almost nine months since the last “curtain” on the Adventurer’s Club in Disney World’s Downtown Disney, and I figured some of us might be in withdrawal.

Radio-a-thon Library Show

Radio-a-thon Library Show

I don’t know where you can get Kungalooshes these days (2011 Edit: You can get ‘em at Trader Sam’s in Disneyland!), but when it’s late…and you’re lonely…you can always mix up a pitcher at home.

Well, it doesn’t HAVE to be late…and you don’t HAVE to be lonely…:

Kungaloosh Recipe

1 cup Daily’s Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy, or serve over ice.

Kungaloosh Old Style from Trader Sam's in Disneyland

This recipe is from All Ears Net, and it’s listed as the recipe used from about the year 2000 forward. (It’s certainly the one I remember.)

Kungaloosh!

What are your favorite Adventurer’s Club memories??

1. Sherri Erwin says:

I never got there! It was always in the plan to go when the kids were older and we could finally slip away on our own, and just as that happened, it closed. :( Maybe I’ll mix myself a Kungaloosh and try to capture the spirit.

Great idea, Sherri!! :-) Mix it up and find some old Adventurer’s Club videos on youtube!

3. Brooke says:

Oh My! This sound right up our alley! We will have to give it a try for sure!

Brooke — I think you guys will love it.

5. Bill says:

I was there for the grand opening of Pleasure Island and I still have my Adventurer’s Club pin. Having successfully completed the chicken dance on the bar, with the maid, pins were given to all of us brave souls who were chosen to participate in the festivities. Never missed a year going to WDW and the Adventurer’s Club was a must visit. While I still enjoy the flavor of a Kungaloosh at home nothing can ever bring back the spirit and ambiance of the AC. Kungaloosh!

Bill — Such great memories!!! Agreed, it’s never the same. Kungaloosh!

7. Ellen says:

I loved the Adventurer’s Club! So sad I didn’t get a chance to go back – they closed just after the first time I went there, on my 21st birthday. My family took me all around Pleasure Island to celebrate being old enough to get in, and we ended up at the Adventurer’s Club all night.

Favorite memory was walking out of the main hall, one of the animatronics on the wall referenced the fact that I was wearing jeans under my sundress (it had gotten cold that night) by saying “She’s wearing a dress! She’s wearing pants! She’s wearing a dress! She’s wearing pants! She can’t decide!” as I walked past. Awesome!