Snack Attack: German Chocolate Cookie in Disney World

While I still have many more finds to add to the “You Won’t Believe This!” Snack Series, there are many wonderful snacks that still need attention!

Disney German Chocolate Cookie

This one, a reader favorite that I’ve gotten several emails about (sorry — I don’t have the recipe :-( ), has been a staple snack in Walt Disney World for a while now! It’s perfect for the coconut fans out there! We found ours at the Confectionery on Main Street, but you can also find them at Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney, and possibly other WDW locations!

German Chocolate Cookie Ready for its Close Up

Disney’s German Chocolate Cookie is a hefty chocolate chip cookie with nuts (at least…I think there were nuts in there!), covered in a toasted coconut ganache (tastes a little caramel-y), and topped with coconut and chocolate.

German Chocolate Cookie Cross Section

This thing feels like it weighs at least a pound (thought I’m almost sure it doesn’t), and it will certainly satisfy any sugar cravings or hunger pangs you might be feeling between Disney meals!

German Chocolate Cookie Top-Down

Do you have a favorite Disney snack? Let us know about it in the comments below!

I’ll take one!

On a related note, I had the german chocolate cake ice cream at Baskin Robbins recently and it was fantastic.

OMG! THAT looks AMAZING! It looks so good in fact that it might be the perfect reason to plan another trip LOL

3. Lynne says

There are so many snacks that I can’t have since I’m allergic to nuts! This looks so good. My favorite snacks are still the Dole Whip, School Bread, and the Mickey Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches. I’m looking forward to all of it in September!

Gina — If it’s not worth the trip in and of itself, I bet I can find a few more snacks that will sweeten the deal! ;-)

Lynne — Please ask at the counter if this actually has nuts — I’m not 100% sure! The cookie is so dense that it’s tough to tell. But, yes, you’re right that there’s plenty in WDW to keep you satisfied even if you’re allergic to nuts! :-)

Anna — It’d be great to add a recipe to the post! I feel like this is one of the “Minnie’s Bake Shop” cookies with some frosting/coconut/chocolate on top, so I’m looking forward to any recipe replication! Thank you!

5. Joanna says

That looks amazing! It’s totally my first snack purchase when I get to WDW! Anyone know if it works as a snack credit on the DDP?

Just some side info: coconut is often on a list of ‘no’s’ for people with nut allergies. :)

6. Cleo says

For some reason, I expected this to have cherries like Black Forest. Somehow, the combination of coconut (not native to Germany) P’cans (native only to America) and that praline-like ganache screams Cajun meets Creole to me – but then I think German Chocolate cake was actually a recipe submitted to a contest by an American (Irish?) housewife!

Cleo — I can totally see the confusion! Actually, “German Chocolate Cake” was originally known as “German’s Chocolate Cake,” because the chocolate used in the recipe had the brand name of “German’s chocolate” — the man who started the company was Sam German. ;-)

This looks good…along with the GC caramel…..!! Gonna have to get one when we are there in October? Any chance they will have these at the booth for F&W?

9. Celia says

OMG!!I’ve been looking for the name of this cookie for years. The Hubby and I took our daughter to Disney a few years ago and got one of these bad boys at Epcot. He still talks about how the little one and I gobbled most of it down without him. I was hoping for a recipe , but knowing what I’m looking helps too! Thanks!! Love your blog!!!