Favorite Ice Cold Snacks at Disney Parks

Recently we polled our Disney Food Blog Facebook Page for their answer to this question: “What are your favorite icy cold snacks and treats in Disney parks?”

Among the many awesome answers, the three chilling treats mentioned the most by our Facebook Friends were Dole Whips, Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars, and Kaki Gori shaved ice!

Dole Whips

We heard your your 34 shout-outs (!!!) to the Dole Whip. Not surprisingly, this palate-pleasing treat was the clear winner!

Disneyland Dole Whip Float

The Dole Whip’s popularity may be partly due to the many versions offered. First, there’s Dole Whip soft-serve in vanilla, pineapple and orange. Guests can further customize their dish by ordering a swirl. Or opt for the Pineapple float by adding pineapple juice to your favorite Dole Whip flavor.

In the Magic Kingdom, Dole Whips can be found at Aloha Isle and the Sunshine Tree Terrace (open seasonally) in the Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland and there’s a self-serve pineapple Dole Whip station at Captain Cook’s at the Polynesian Resort. It’ll set you back $3.19 for a one flavor soft-serve or a swirl. Add $1 extra to make it a float. Try one with one snack credit!

Dole Whip From Captain Cook's

In Disneyland, get your Dole Whip or Dole Whip float in Adventureland at the Tiki Juice Bar, hosted by Dole, right outside the Tiki Room!

Here’s what a few of our facebook friends said:
Ron L. admitted his addiction to the Dole Whip. “I’m a Dole Whip junkie… That stuff is Chef Ron crack.” And Kevin C. agrees with a resounding “Dole Whip reigns supreme!!!!”

How do you Dole Whip? Float? Swirl? Plain pineapple or vanilla?

Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars

Tied for second place with Kaki Gori (shaved ice), the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar can be found throughout the parks. When you pass a frozen treat stand, it’s very likely that the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar will be the first item listed on the menu!

Made by Nestle, the 4 oz. bar is a yummy vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate. Fans of the bar are willing to use their Disney Dining Plan snack credits on these cold treats. Out-of-pocket cost is $3.50.

Mickey Premium Bar

Frozen Treats at the Magic Kingdom

On the facebook page, Amy R. puts it simply: “Mickey Bar of course”!

Kaki-Gori

Shaved ice with fruity flavors, Kaki Gori is refreshing on a hot day in Epcot’s World Showcase. You’ll need to travel to the Japan pavilion to get this “Japanese sno-cone.” Once there, choose between strawberry, cherry, melon and tangerine flavored syrups. If you can’t pick just one flavor, try a mixture of your favorites and order a “rainbow.” $3.28 out-of-pocket or 1 snack credit.

Kaki-Gori Sign

Kaki-Gori from Epcot's Japan

On the facebook page, Jacqueline M. voted for Kaki-Gori stating “The shaved ice in Japan though I wish they had more flavor options! They should also bring in the amazing soft serve flavors available in Japan including sesame, mmmm!” And Eric L. agrees “For me the Kaki Gori shaved ice is the weenie at the other end of the World Showcase Lagoon.”

Runners Up

We had some competitors for favorite ice cold snack including frozen adult beverages. The Grand Marnier Orange Slush and Grey Goose Citron/Lemon Slush in Epcot are faves of our Facebook Friends! You’ll also see Disney foodies savoring Frozen Strawberry Lemonade, Minnie sugar-free strawberry bars, and frozen bananas!

Is your favorite ice cold snack on the list? Add yours in the comments below!

1. Heather says:

Yummy yum yum!

2. CanadiansloveWDW says:

believe it or not i dont actually like dole whip… and have never tried a mickey bar… but my fave frozen treat is anything from the giredelli store in downtown… but maybe due to price will not make the list…

3. Diane says:

I love Dole Whips! But I have a question: In your paragraph under the picture of the float, you mention that there are three flavor varieties: vanilla, pineapple, and orange. Is the vanilla flavor just vanilla ice cream? Or is it a “vanilla-fied” pineapple flavor?

4. Victoria says:

Dole Whip float for me!!! Dole Whips rule. :)

5. Diane_N says:

Can’t argue with that list at all. :) I only wish there were more places to find the Dole Whip. (I was craving one on my last visit to DAK!)

Jacqueline M. should check out the ice cream at the China pavilion. I’m pretty sure there’s no sesame, but I know I’ve had red bean ice cream there and I think they have another flavor or two (green tea maybe?) there as well. Yum!

6. Mia says:

Totally agree with the Kaki Gori’s- they are the BEST ice cold snack at Disney!

7. Janelle D says:

Glad to see the Mickey Bars made it so high on the list! Those are classic. It’s like the iconic Disney dessert. As a kid a day at the park wasn’t complete without one. As an adult I still love them, but I admit to being partial to the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. With an AP and my office located 15 minutes away from Disney property, I sometimes will head down after a bad day at the office for one or two of those and just wander around the Showcase.

8. James says:

Ah! All three of my favorites! Each so different, each so yummy!

9. Jill says:

My Hubby and I loved Kaki Gori and then sometime after January 2009 they removed the ice shaving machine and replaced it with an American snow-cone version. In the picture you can see how chunky the ice is, it used to be a cone of smooth packed (by hand)ice shavings. And it tasted like icy ribbons. It was amazing and so refreshing, you didn’t have to chew the ice, it would melt the instant it was on your tongue. It was the ultimate in refreshing. I miss the old Kaki Gori. :(

As for the Dole Whip….. float!!!

10. Lisa Fine says:

Dole Whips? Yes, please!

They’re my number one favorite treat at WDW, and I try to get them at least twice per visit to the World. I usually get a pineapple/vanilla twist, but have been pretty curious about the orange flavor. I imagine that it would taste like a Creamsicle when mixed with vanilla. Mmm.

11. Alan says:

If no one else is going to do it – I’ll stand up for the French Grand Marnier/ Grey Goose slush drinks. However, after a few of those standing up is a problem.

12. Mark D. says:

One cold beer please :)

13. vanessa says:

I’m with Mark D. =) Nice refreshing beer!!

And I’m one of the other teeny few that doesn’t care for Dole Whips! But!! I do love the orange cream whip that they provide there and sometimes the Pineapple Soft serve. The pineapple juice just isn’t that sweet for me from there.

14. Angie says:

I prefer a regular pineapple Dole Whip, though the float isn’t bad either. There is a reason no one orders the orange version. On our last trip we ended up getting one when the cast member there misunderstood us. Instead of throwing it away, we got the orange one along with our proper pineapple orders. It tasted like medicine and nothing like a Creamsicle at all!

15. kristen says:

i personally love the dole whip float! the Grand Marnier Orange Slush and Grey Goose Citron/Lemon Slush are also a favorite of mine which I think beats out the dole whip float by a hair for me! If only i could recreate them at home to taste exactly like they do in Epcot! I would be in heaven! My husband doesn’t like pineapple so he doesn’t like the dole whips or the floats. He does like the orange soft serve and what he does is buys the orange juice at the stand and gets his orange soft serve in the cup for the float and pours the bottle of orange juice in it and make his own float!

16. My family loves all of these treats!

We’ve also found that in heat emergencies at EPCOT the Kaki-Gori (without syrup) is a fast and easy way to get core temps cooled down, water consumed, and heat sick travelers feeling better in a short amount of time.

17. Sara says:

Back in the day, Sunshine Tree Terrace had a Citrus Swirl ice cream (think frozen orange juice and soft serve vanilla) that was AMAZING and my all-time-favorite Disney snack. The orange dole whip they have now is terrible; it tastes like Tang or orange cough syrup. Yuck!

18. Corrie says:

In the minority, I don’t like the Dole Whips. My favorite cold treat comes from The Joy of Tea Stand in Epcot…Tea slushes are the BEST!!! The Strawberry Oolong Tea Bao Bing is amazing, it’s not overly sweet and taste great on a hot day. It was also enjoyed on a clod day with mittens when I took my sister in December, I just can’t pass them up!

19. Janelle says:

I love Frozen Lemonade as you can order at so many different locations.
    Dole whip
    Frozen tea at Joy of Tea Stand (AK)

20. Pudge the Fish says:

I used to love those frozen strawberry and vanilla ice cream swirl concoctions at Enchanted Grove (next to the tea cups) but sadly they were discontinued a few years ago. :( Now a Dole Whip will do just fine.

21. dani says:

Love everything mentioned. I’d like to add to the list from the China pavilion the Green Tea Plum Wine Slushie, soooo delicious!!!

22. vanessa says:

Pudge the fish: YES!!!! Omg! That stuff was downright amazing and I miss it so much. Disney loves to get rid of the things we enjoy from food to even attractions.

23. Erin says:

Ok this one’s for my daughter… She is not a chocolate person so the treat she gets everyday for the 8 days we are in Disney is a Itsakadoozie popsicle. I know not a typical Disney treat but since we can’t find them in Wisconsin that is her favorite Disney treat!

24. Rose says:

Erin-My hubby loves Itsakadoozie. We used to be able to get them here in MA but no more. He makes up for it by making sure he is never empty handed in WDW!! LOL. My fav is a frozen margarita from Mexico or in MK the dole whip rules!

25. Bridgette says:

We have discovered that the cure to any bad mood is a slushy drink. I just finished composing a list that has every snack place in each of the WDW parks that serve these so that we will not have to rush around looking for one when we are in most dire need of an attitude fix. Our favorites are the Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry. My son is looking forward to trying an American Dream this year at Fife & Drum–Strawberry, vanilla ice cream, and blue raspberry layers.

26. Essie says:

Frozen Coke slushie!!!! I also have always liked the Kaki Gori; I always get the triple flavor. I hate to sound ‘unDisney’, but I don’t like Dole whips and I’ve never had a Mickey bar because I never wanted to bite off his cute little ears.

27. Steve says:

Pina Colada in souvenir Tiki cup from sunshine tree terrace!