Snack Series: Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake at Main Street Bakery

I’ll admit right here at the beginning that I don’t usually LURVE the cupcakes sold at the Main Street Bakery in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. They often include dry cake and gritty, too-sugary frosting, so they’re not really even worth eating a lot of the time.

BUT!

I had a cupcake at the Main Street Bakery this week that knocked my proverbial socks off! And I’m SO excited to share it with you!

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake

This peanut butter cup cupcake was off. the. charts. Many of you may remember when I reviewed a peanut butter chocolate cupcake at the Boardwalk Bakery last year, and deemed it my new favorite Disney cupcake. Well, this one just took second place!

Cupcake Undressed

I’ll start from the top down with this one, since I can’t wait to talk about the frosting. The dense, peanut buttery buttercream was thick and flavorful without being too sweet. The texture was perfect — that kind of frosting that you can barely drag a fork through because it’s so solid!

Drizzled on top of the frosting was melted peanut butter sauce and a thick fudge sauce, and there were small peanut butter chips studding the frosting as well. Of course, there was a mini peanut butter cup planted on top as well.

Frosting Texture Close-Up

Once you got into the dark chocolate cupcake itself, the peanut butter taste continued to be an accessory! There were small peanut butter chips throughout the cake!

Cupcake Cross-Section

Peanut Butter Chips in the Cake

Overall, the cake was NOT too dry, and was a great, rich complement for that peanut buttery sweet frosting. This was one of the times when I certainly didn’t NEED to eat the whole thing, but I sure did come close! It was amazing!

Have you seen this cupcake in the park? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Comments

1. Niki M says

oooh I hope they are still making these in May when I go! That looks absolutely sinful!

2. Joy says

Wow. Cannot wait to try this in august when we are there for our honeymoon :-) it looks even better than the starring rolls one! we live in the uk & I wish we had as many peanut butter themed foods!

3. Michael says

Inspired by this post, I just made a grilled Nutella and peanut butter sandwich. Yes, it was good.

4. Pudge the Fish says

That will GIMB this Sunday! Nothing is better than peanut butter and chocolate.

5. Katie says

So beyond glad I will be at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, otherwise this would just be cruel!! I am in love with the PB chocolate cupcake at Starring Rolls, but I think this one takes the cake. [Oh yeah, pun intended.]

Somehow I have to fit in this cupcake, orange swirl, AND a Dole Whip after breakfast at Kona Cafe. All before leaving the park at 3pm. Challenge accepted.

6. A Newton says

I like the peanut butter chips baked into the cake. Main reason I’m not a fan of the so-called “Butterfinger Cupcake” is the once you get to the cupcake… it’s all chocolate. Peanut Butter chips in the cake makes this much more of a fulfillment of the name imo. ;)

7. Silvercat says

Hey Joy, we are also from the UK and will be having our honeymoon in WDW in October! Hope yours goes well, and please try not to eat all of these cakes before we get there! I agree, we get so little peanut butter stuff in the UK, and we both adore anything with it in, it so isn’t fair!

Hello little cake, I’m on my way ….. nomnomnom ……….

8. Wendy says

YEP. This, the citrus swirl, and SOMETHING caramel from Germany are on my list for May!

9. Essie says

I wish I never found this site……my PC repair bills are horrible, all because of DROOL in my keyboard.

10. Ingrid says

Do you think you could start adding if its a snack credit, counter service credit, or table service credit at the end of your reviews? I love reading your reviews but I really wish I knew that information. Just a suggestion :) I do see that that you added that information in the last comment but it would be easier to read it in the post than searching the comments. Thanks!!!

11. Amanda says

Absolutely awesome! As much as I liked the peanut butter one at Starring Rolls, this one is better.

12. Nancy says

My Mom and my sister had one of these for me this afternoon. I’m at home, and they’re at MK. Thanks for suggesting it! They loved it!!

13. Essie says

This certainly looks like one will make the trip home and one will be shared in the park by us girls!

14. Ed says

I literally just enjoyed this cupcake @ magical kingdom and all i can say is WOW! Definitely a must for anyone with a good sweet tooth.

15. Jen says

Is this still available at Main Street Bakery, even with the Starbucks refurbishment? Also, is Main Street Bakery open during the Xmas parties normally?