Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone!!
It was AWESOME sharing the adventures of so many DFB readers on Friday as they braved the crowds for 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, and Disney California Adventure during the Monstrous Summer Kick-Off! You can see some of the yummy Monstrous treats that were served here!
But now that Summer has begun, we’ve got more to look forward to, like the opening of Starbucks on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street, and the opening of the new Ice Cream and Gelato shop in Epcot’s France! Looking forward to bringing you all the details!
Disney Food News
Get the scoop on this week’s food news!
- The 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival gets closer every day! Check out the latest news, along with a new cocktail being served at the Scotland Booth!
- The Magic Kingdom Starbucks is on its way! Signage is now up at the Main Street Bakery.
- There’s a new menu at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show at Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- Disneyland’s Edelweiss Snacks has introduced a new and hearty menu item — Barbecue Pork Shanks!
- The Grand Floridian’s Citricos restaurant has announced June 6 and August 22 wine dinners. And Flying Fish Cafe at the BoardWalk Resort will host a May Wine Dinner.
- We spotted pre-packaged Disney Princess Candy from Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort has opened reservations for select Fall dates!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including a new Southwest Chicken Salad at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.
DFB Reader Finds
As we gear up for summer, we’re sharing ice cream cookie sandwiches. Check out this beauty tweeted from Reader Tim R. Tim had just three words to say “these…rule…all…”! WE agree!!
Reader Patrick M. shared a delicious find! He said via Facebook, “All Star Movies has taken the ice cream cookie sandwich to a whole new level. The picture isn’t the best, but there are three, yes three, scoops of ice cream.” WOW!
We hope everyone enjoys delicious treats this holiday weekend!
Deal of the Week! Bundle DFB Disney Dining Guides for More Savings
Check out how you can have the best Disney vacation ever…and pay even less!
DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle:
With our popular DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle, you’ll get our:
- DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 Edition,
- DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, 2013 Edition
- DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks, 2013 Edition
All for a significant discount! Learn more about the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle here!
DFB Snack Bundle:
Already have the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining? You can still bundle for savings! Pick up our bundle of two DFB Snack Guides — Magic Kingdom and Epcot — for less.
With the DFB Snack Bundle, you’ll receive the DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book and the DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book for one super-discounted price. Purchase the DFB Snack Bundle here!
Did You Purchase a Previous Edition of the DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks?
Read more about our extra discounts for previous purchasers here! For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, head over to DFBMiniGuides.com!
On to the Round-Up!
Studios Central puts an end to the expensive restaurant debate!
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups features frozen Cokes!
Mickey Fix gears up for summer with this adorable Mickey and Minnie Mouse cooler tote!
Main Street Gazette features Star Wars snacks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Will you choose the Dark Side?
Disney Hipster Blog enjoys Quinoa Potato Cake at Le Cellier in Epcot.
All Ears features Disney World Publishing Worldwide’s announcement for a diabetes-focused series for children. Hooray Mickey!
Deadline features an apology from Disney for gluten-intolerant jokes on the show “Jessie”.