New! Chocolate Cherry Cupcake and Root Beer Float Cupcake in Disney World

We’re always on the look-out for new treats at Walt Disney World. Courtesy of our readers, we have new Disney cupcakes to share with you today! Which cupcake will be your new BFF?!

Chocolate Cherry Cupcake

Debuting at Starring Rolls Cafe and Fairfax Fare at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Chocolate Cherry Cupcake can be yours for a Disney Dining Plan snack credit or $5.19 (yup; those prices continue to soar).

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes in case.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a new, non-seasonal cupcake introduced at the studios! I can’t wait to sample this one since you know how much I love cherry pie filling!

Chocolate Cherry Cupcake!

DFB Reader Hannah (Thank You, Hannah!!) tweeted her thoughts on this new cupcake: Cake part was a bit “muffiny” but filled with cherry filling. The frosting (similar to the Butterfinger cupcake’s frosting) needed to be softened, but was good.

Inside the Chocolate Cherry Cupcake.

The white chocolate Mickey medallion on top is also edible!

Root Beer Float Cupcake

The Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is also known for some awesome cupcakes. Twitter friend Joey shared the new Root Beer Float Cupcake with us.

Root Beer Float Cupcake!

Built along the same lines as other Contempo Cupcakes, this one features Vanilla Frosting infused with Root Beer Flavor, and it’s garnished with Malted Milk Balls and a Chocolate Cigar “Straw”!

Inside the Root Beer Float Cupcake.

If you’re like us and want to feed your cupcake obsession, check out more Walt Disney World treats in our Cupcake Gallery!

Have you spotted any new menu items at Disney recently? Don’t hold out on us — please share your finds via twitter, facebook, or email!

1. Lisa N. says:

Are all the Starring Rolls cupcakes $5.19 now, or just this new one? I’m not a big fan of cherry, but the root beer float cupcake sounds interesting.

2. Amanda says:

I may have actually screamed out loud when I read the title of this post… ;)

3. Shanna says:

…are you kidding me? ONE cupcake for over $5? Do not want. >_<

4. Keri says:

Wow they look amazing! I’m so excited for the Rootbeer Float!

5. CanadiansloveWDW says:

i will be getting a rootbeer float cupcake next week.. yay the time to visit WDW is almost here.. 5 more sleeps

6. Emma(Scotland) says:

I’ m there in 52 day’s…. Can’t wait for those cupcakes!!

7. Meg says:

Usually I’m not really into the cupcakes, but the Chocolate Cherry sounds delicious enough to possibly convert me! ;-)

8. Essie says:

I kinda have to agree with Shanna. I think the line should be drawn at $5.00 for a cupcake (unless it’s got some incredibly rare, exotic fruit in it or something). I guess Disney will keep on pushing up prices as long as guests will keep on paying them. They both look fun, but I think the Cappuccino cupcake from Pizza Planet will still be my fave.

Lisa N. — A quick check of the prices on Disney’s website shows that cupcakes at Starring Rolls and elsewhere are around $4.19, so I’m not sure if this is a mistake or there’s something really extra special about it. And if you’re on the lookout for the Root Beer Float Cupcake, be sure to head of to the Contempo Cafe for that one!

10. SharonCW says:

How will I ever decide now? A: Chocolate Cherry Cupcake; B. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake; Guess I’ll have to take C!

11. Root Beer cupcakes sound fantastic! I definitely want to try that!

12. Jill D says:

Yes please!

13. Tracy says:

Yikes! The Darth Vader cupcake (my favorite) was pricey at $4.99 but SO worth it. I don’t think I could pay $5.19 for a cupcake no matter how good it is. It just seems REALLY expensive.

But they both look pretty good! I am curious about the flavor of the root beer float. It may be one of those which looks awesome but tastes just so-so. LOVE this post! Looking forward to the October trip even more now!

14. Paul says:

The price is not a mistake. The cupcake is pretty darn delicious! It is also available at Rosie’s All American Cafe. :-)

15. Traci says:

We were at Hollywood Studios last week when we decided to stop by Pizza Planet to use one of our counter service credit. They didn’t have it on the menu, but they were offering the chocolate cherry cupcake as a dessert option that day. My husband opted for that, while I got the cappuccino cupcake & we shared them. The chocolate cherry cupcake was very good, but I have to say, the cappuccino cupcake was amazing! And I don’t even like coffee products at all!! Quite a nice surprise, considering Pizza Planet would never be my first choice for lunch normally. The cupcakes were the best part of our lunch!