News: Liberty Tree Tavern Menu Updates (And Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for DINNER!)

Remember last October when Liberty Tree Tavern began offering the All-You-Care-to-Eat Patriot’s Platter for Lunch?

At the time, subsequent changes to the Lunch Menu for this Magic Kingdom Table Service favorite included the removal of a few popular dishes from the a la carte items. These included the New England Pot Roast and the Fish & Chips. (Dinner, as always, remained All-You-Care-to-Eat, served Family Style for all guests.)

Well, friends… the Pot Roast and the Fish & Chips are BACK for lunch!

At least, according to the recently updated Liberty Tree Tavern menu page on the Walt Disney World website. See?!? You’ll spot the Pot Roast Under “Our Tavern Keeper’s Favorite.”

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

Even the Tavern Keeper missed the Pot Roast!

Liberty Tree Tavern Pot Roast

Liberty Tree Tavern Pot Roast

But that’s not all… . There has also been a significant change to the Patriot’s Platter (the All-You-Care-to-Eat option). The dessert option is now the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, as opposed to the previous Johnny Appleseed Cake. FINALLY!!!

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom

And guess what… THAT means that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is now the dessert for DINNER at Liberty Tree Tavern, too! FINALLY!!! I’ve been waiting for this for YEARS. This finally makes the Liberty Tree Tavern dinner just about the perfect meal!

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

Screenshot from the Walt Disney World website

That’s right… Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake… it’s not just for lunch anymore :) !

Seems like a win all around to me… then again, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is one of my favorite Disney desserts of ALL TIME. How about you?

What do you think of the Liberty Tree Tavern changes? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Beth says

Just had dinner there on March 19 and had a delicious berry bread pudding. Sad that’s not sticking around.

2. Scott says

What happened to the ham? This was one of our favorites when we ate there last September. We also really liked the Pot Roast. We have never been impressed with the dessert at Liberty Tree Tavern and have never had the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake so this could very well be a nice addition.

3. Emma says

Still can’t believe no vegetarian option! We loved the veggie burger – it was unique. Also loved the ooey cake! I’m sure they would make us something if we went, but that’s always a risk. Whatever the chef creates may just be the pasta without the chicken – and charge us the same price! All Disney restaurants should have at least one veggie option, or at least a separate price listed for the pasta without chicken, or have the option of soy/tofu instead.

4. Tricia says

That’s the slush I mean. I wanted to try it, but it looks like it’s not on lunch menu, but it is on the dinner. I want to go at lunch to try the crab dip but I wanted the slush too. I wonder if they would make it even if it’s not on the lunch menu.

Tricia, I’m sure they would if you asked. I don’t think Disney would turn down an opportunity to make extra $$ : )

6. Jean says

I can’t believe I haven’t tried the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake yet. I live in Florida! Shame on me! (I’m super happy to hear that it’s available throughout the day now!)

Becky — Serving times may vary based upon Park Hours, but currently, they’re listed as follows: Lunch: 11:00AM-2:55PM;
    Dinner: 3:15PM-9:30PM.