We’re bringing you a food news round-up today, but our thoughts are with our co-workers, friends, and readers who are in the path of Hurricane Irma.
The Walt Disney World Resort is closed today and tomorrow due to Hurricane Irma. All theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, and the ESPN Wide World of Sports closed last night and will remain closed tomorrow.
We are also seeing reports that guests are being told that resort hotel dining will be available until 3 p.m. today and a curfew will be imposed beginning at 7 p.m. tonight.
We’ll continue to keep you all updated with Hurricane Irma information as we get it.
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have the latest news about Hurricane Irma and Disney World.
- Disney has halted dining reservations during Hurricane Irma.
- Wine Slushies are on the menu at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reviewed the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party at Epcot.
- Festival of Holidays returns to Disney California Adventure on November 10.
- You can now pre-order Dole Whip with Mobile Order.
- The Epcot International Festival of Holidays – with food booths – starts November 19.
- Check out our Mac and Cheese Gallery.
- We have some sneak peek construction photos of Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- You can get a free pastry with the purchase of a caricature at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- We reviewed the Galactic Churros at Disney California Adventure.
- We have details on Le Rendez-vous Gourmand de Disneyland Paris – a food and wine festival.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Best of the Fest, Hidden Gem Dining Spots, and Where to Find the Best Milkshakes.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re talking about Where to Find the Best Milkshakes! Check it out below — and subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Save 20% off the DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival
Start your Epcot Food and Wine Festival planning now! The DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book is now available to order! N
2017 is a big year as the Epcot Food and Wine Festival runs 75 full days from August 31 through November 13.
And The DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book features all the info you need to know about this year’s events, from what’s NEW, to brand new details and a FULL Daily Schedule of Events. This book is uniquely organized to make sure you have the best Food and Wine Festival, ever!
Your purchase includes several bonus items as well — including a full daily schedule of events at the Festival and a printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist to carry with you as you Eat around the World!
What’s In The DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book?
- Full Booth Menus with over 100 full color food photos featuring what menu items you can expect at the World Showcase booths this year.
- A full Schedule of Events for every single day of the festival. Don’t mess with scrolling websites and making calendars — we’ve got everything organized so you know exactly what’s happening on each calendar day! It’s the most in-depth coverage of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival ANYWHERE.
- A full chapter on what’s NEW at the festival, including a full list of new menu items at the booths!
- Discount details and information
- Fully updated FAQ section
- Plans and strategies for Kids at the Festival
- And MORE!
As always, we’ve made this guide instantly downloadable for your convenience, and easily installed on your mobile devices. It’s a PDF guide with 250+ pages of detailed information about the Festival as well as hundreds of photographs and customized bonus items to help you get the best experience possible.
This guide is guaranteed to help you better plan a rewarding Food & Wine Festival tour, or your money back!
Use code Chefs at check-out for a 20% discount.
Be sure to stay tuned to Disney Food Blog for all of the latest coverage about the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We’ll have the details FIRST.
DFB Reader Finds
We recently shared the BEST tip for making Mickey Waffles at home (hint: it’s all in the MIX) and DFB reader Lauren Jenkins was sweet enough to share her bounty of Mickey Waffles with us. (Sadly it was just a photo…but they look delicious).
Remember when we told you about the SECRET MENU TOTS at Disneyland’s River Belle Terrace? Well, DFB friend @DisneyOldsters remembered and they made it to River Belle Terrace and enjoyed some of the tots.
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix has a new How-To Guide for making Dole Whip at home.
WDW for Grownups shared their Top 10 Comfort Foods at Walt Disney World.
Disney Parks Blog shared a fun video featuring Daniel Drake making his famous Dancakes.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Baymax S’mores.
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!