Enjoy a morning backstage tour with animal encounters and breakfast at Boma in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Sense of Africa is a 3-and-a-half hour tour that begins with insights into the artwork and architecture of the uniquely beautiful Resort, followed by breakfast at Boma. After breakfast, a private safari vehicle will bring guests backstage to meet Cast Members, Animal Care staff, and experience encounters with some of the gorgeous animals who call the Lodge’s savanna home.
Please Note: This experience is currently unavailable during the phased reopening of Walt Disney World. We are keeping the regular information below for your future planning reference.
The tour begins in the Sunset Lounge in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Jambo House.
Offered Tuesdays and Saturdays at 7:00 am (Check-in begins at 6:45 am)
$249 per guest, plus tax
- Guests will need to arrange personal transportation to Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Sense of Africa is limited to guests 10 years of age and older.
- Close-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots are required for backstage entrance.
- Personal cameras, phones, or video equipment is not allowed in the backstage area of the tour. These items are permitted in the onstage areas.
- Sense of Africa takes place rain or shine.
- Guests must be able to walk by themselves or with assistance from a member of their party to experience the tour. Guests must leave wheelchairs or ECVs at the event check-in area and will receive them after the tour. Guests who are unable to transfer from a wheelchair may be able to remain in their chair for the tour; however, due to vehicle capacity, arrangements must be made in advance by calling (407) 938-4755.
- Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members are eligible for a 15% discount
Reservations must be made by phone at (407) WDW-TOUR — (407) 939-8687
NOTE: Prices and inclusions are subject to change. Please visit the Disney World Sense of Africa Page to confirm information prior to booking.