Takumi-Tei brought fine signature dining to EPCOT’s Japan pavilion when it opened in 2019!
Takumi-Tei — which means “house of the artisan” — is inspired by Japan’s natural beauty. Guests are seated in one of five rooms inspired by a natural element: water, wood, earth, stone or washi paper.
Wagyu beef is highlighted on the menu, and diners who are interested in the “ultimate experience” may enjoy a multi-course tasting menu featuring traditional tea service. (A la carte offerings are also available.) Drinks include signature cocktails, premium sake, wine, and craft beers.
Service: Table Service, Signature/Fine Dining
Type of Food: Japanese
Location: EPCOT’s Japan pavilion
Disney Dining Plan: No
Tables in Wonderland: Yes, 20% discount
Official Dinner Menu
- This specific location in Japan is only open in the evening.
- The Chef’s Table has an exclusive menu in the Water Room.
- The atmosphere is a beautifully intricate and the service is outstanding.
- The meals will take a long time since each course should be treated as an experience. This is not a restaurant meant for a quick dinner, so it is better for special occasions.
- Due to the longer meal time, this may not be the place for more active children and suits older children, couples, and adults better.
- You must book in advance because reservations are hard to come by, and walk-ins will have trouble finding seating.
- Annual Passholders and DVC members can get a 10% discount, and Cast Members receive a 20% discount
Famous Dishes: Misoyaki Ochazuke, Makiba no Magumi, Mozaiku Sushi, and the Kumo dessert
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Takumi-Tei
You Might also Like: Tokyo Dining, Teppan Edo, Victoria & Albert’s