News! 2012 Candlelight Processional Lunch and Dinner Packages On Sale Now

It’s time!! The Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages are finally on sale!

This coveted ticket provides guests with a lunch or dinner meal at select Epcot restaurants and guaranteed seating to the popular Candlelight Processional holiday spectacular.

At the event, the Christmas story is told by a celebrity narrator while a 50-piece orchestra and choir accompany the re-telling. The event is held on select nights from November 23 – December 30, 2012, in the American Gardens Theatre at Disney World’s Epcot.

Package Details

The package includes your choice of an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage or 1 full buffet from the restaurant’s menu. Guests also have access to an special Illuminations Fireworks viewing area.

Prices exclude tax and gratuity, and park admission is not included.

Disney Dining Plan
Guests can use the Disney Dining Plan to pay for the packages.

Standard and Deluxe Dining – 2 table service credits per person for any meal/restaurant

Premium and Platinum Dining – 1 table service credit per person for any meal/restaurant

Out-of-Pocket Costs
If you do not choose to use the Disney Dining Plan to pay, here are the details for costs:

Lunch Packages $32.99–$55.99 for Guests 10+, $12.50–$17.99 for Guests 3–9
Dinner Packages $49.99–$66.99 for Guests 10+, $14.50–$26.99 for Guests 3–9

Restaurants Included and Breakdown of Prices
There are plenty of wonderful restaurants to choose from! To see reviews, click on the links below and scroll to the reviews section.

Biergarten
Lunch – $35.14 Adult $19.16 Child (Christmas Day pricing will be $54.31 Adult $27.68 Child)
Dinner – $54.31 Adult $27.68 Child

11/26 – 11/29: Neil Patrick Harris
11/30 – 12/1: Whoopi Goldberg
12/2 – 12/4: Andy Garcia
12/5 – 12/7: Blair Underwood
12/8 – 12/10: James Denton
12/11- 12/13: Jodi Benson
12/14 – 12/16: Lea Salonga (singing voice of Jasmine and Mulan)
12/17 – 12/19: TBA
12/20 – 12/22: Trace Adkins
12/23 – 12/25: Gary Sinise
12/26 – 12/28: Amy Grant
12/29 – 12/30: Marlee Matlin with interpreter, Jack Jason

We can highly recommend NPH as a narrator — he’s great!

So don’t wait in that LONG line to MAYBE get a seat at this popular event. Book a package now and start a new family tradition. Call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463!

1. Shayne says:

This is definitely the way to go for the Candlelight Processional! Last year, our large group split up, and some did the dinner package at Garden Grill while others did the dinner package at Restaurant Marrakesh (guess which group got the kids?), then we met back up in line for the show. Even though we arrived an hour ahead of time and had reserved seating, the line was still very long, so I can’t imagine trying to get a seat without the dinner package!

2. JoAnn says:

I would love to attend this some year.

3. SK says:

I tried booking the Candlelight Processional Dining Package at Crystal Palace for the evening of my choice for 15 pax in betweeen 4pm to 6pm seating early this morning. The seats were all gone by the time I called at 8.30am PST.

Wonder what time people call in to get their preferred time.

4. Heidi Bilotti says:

It was a hard pick to choose a date. Last year we saw Marlee and Jack and it was the best reading we had ever seen. I guess I’m heading back on a night she will be there. It was a true inspiration listening to her.

5. Raelynn says:

Still waiting to see if we will do this since the narrators during our stay are all TBA. Is there somewhere online that shows the prices broken down by location?

6. Jan says:

SK….Crystal Palace is in MK, the restaurants participating in Candlelight Processional are in EPCOT….so I’m going to guess that either you made a typo in your post about what restaurant you were trying for….or the CM wasn’t aware to tell you that Crystal Palace is NOT eligible for Candlelight tickets.

Try calling back and asking for tickets for one of the eligible EPCOT restaurants:

Biergarten
    Tutto Italia
    Chefs de France
    Garden Grill *Dinner Only
    Le Cellier *Lunch Only
    La Hacienda de San Angel *Dinner Only

7. SK says:

Jan, you are right. I was thinking of Coral Reef and typed in Crystal Palace instead. All these planning for a trip for 15 people is having me frazzled! =)

We ended up at Teppan Edo instead. I am sad that the kids won’t be able to see the aquarium though and hope Teppan Edo will turn out ok.

8. Victoria says:

My husband and I are going to WDW in December this year. Our first Christmas/winter trip. We’re so excited to see the Candlelight Processional (eating at Le Cellier…we haven’t been there since our honeymoon in ’08), but they still haven’t announced the narrators for the week we’ll be there! I keep checking for any news. I was not-so-secretly hoping for NPH, but alas, he’ll be there the week before we get there. :)

9. Jan says:

Victoria…if you’re going a week after Neil Patrick Harris, they have announced that the speaker after NPH is Whoppi Goldberg. Gotta say I’m not a big fan of hers (except for her stint on Star Trek Next Gen, lol) but we were in the same boat, she was speaking the week we were there so we went….and it was lovely. Thankfully she doesn’t put her “humor” into the story and stays serious and reverent throughout.

Personally, we’ve been there several times for speakers we either didn’t know, or weren’t big fans of, and it’s always been absolutely awesome….the speaker is billed as a big part of the show, but honestly, it’s the story, the singers, the lighting, the atmosphere that combine with the speaker.

And, remember that this event is still 5+ months away, so many changes will happen to the speaker list…..people cancel, change dates and are added sometimes as late as October/November.

The one I wish we could go to is Gary Sinise….but you’ll never ever find me in the parks for a major holiday like that! Not even Gary can persuade me to tolerate the crowds. Now, offer me one-on-one time with him, and I’m there! He’s one of those men that I tease my husband, if he (or Alan Alda) ever show up at the door to whisk me away…..I’m gone. LOL For hubby it’s Lynda Carter….he says if she shows up in Wonder Woman costume he won’t even look back….if regular clothes, he promises he’ll remember to say goodbye, lol. (We’re old and weird, yeah I know).

10. Carol says:

Can you tell me about the menus for this package? I notice that the dinner prices are all more than the lunch prices, yet for several of the locations, the general menus are the same for lunch and dinner (including the pricing). Are they offering a special “menu” to those on the package (which would seem odd to me). We have done the package in the past, but it was many years ago when many of the locations had different menus for lunch and dinner.

11. Isabelle says:

Carol ^^^ brings up a good question. Does anyone know if a special dinner package (i.e. different food offerings) is offered for the candlelight processional?

12. Catherine says:

I am preparing for the 2013 Dining Package (our first time doing the Dis at Christmas!) and were wondering if there is any sort of discount for Tables in Wonderland ?? I don’t think so, but can’t hurt to ask !! LOL

13. Jan says:

Catherine…..last year there was NOT a discount for TIW or AP. Of course, the prices aren’t out yet for this year…….so we can cross our fingers and eyes and hope!

14. Angie says:

I am planning a Dec26-Dec31 trip this year and would love to book the candlelight Professional package. Is this a package that you pay in advance or just reserve with a credit card. I’m going for 10 days with 5 grandchildren June 29th- July 8th, and I don’t want to spend money for THAT vacation to book the Christmas event. But if it’s like last year, the reservations for Candlelight will be open at that same time, and I don’t want to miss out on that either. Decisions, decisions…. Our 180 day mark for Dec26th trip will be the day we arrive for the July trip, so we’ll make all our ADR’s at that time. Thanks for your help! This will be the first ever holiday trips for us; over 20 trips to WDW for me (and one to Disneyland!)

Hi Angie! I believe this one is pay in advance, but I’ll have to double check (it’s been too long since I’ve done it!)