Snack Series: Goofy’s Glaciers

You may have seen the signs for Goofy’s Glaciers increasing in locations around Disney World lately!

Once found in Club Cool in Epcot, they soon moved into Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney and are now also found as a centerpiece of Big Top Treats in the Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland!

Goofy's Glaciers Sign at Goofy's Candy Company

These frozen drinks are less icee, and more…well…slushie. They remind me of a more structured slush puppie-type treat — more liquidy than icy, and rockin’ on a hot Walt Disney World kinda day.

The epicenter of Goofy’s Glaciers is Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney. Trust me; you’ll know where to find them once you get there!

Goofy Glacier Statue at Goofy

Here you’ll find lots of different flavors to quench your thirst. (Be advised, these tend to change, so have a back up plan in case your favorite isn’t available on the day you visit.)

All have (naturally) Goofy names, like Pucker Purple, Goofy’s Glacier Apple, Rootin’ Tootin’ Red, Orange You Happy Orange, and my favorite, Gawrshly Berry Blue. Purists will also be happy to see a Coca-Cola Cooler featured often as well!

Goofy's Candy Company Goofy's Glaciers Flavors

But wait! There’s more! You are actually encouraged to combine the flavors to make your own special concoction. (Kamikaze Goofy’s Glaciers!)

Now, when Big Top Treats debuted late last year, I was excited to see a couple of Goofy’s Glaciers flavors under the big tent as well!

Big Top Treats Sign

The flavors featured at Big Top Treats during my recent visit there were strawberry, blue raspberry, and lemonade. I decided to mix it up a bit, and chose the strawberry and blue raspberry.

Goofy's Glacier -- It Looks All Glowy Under the Big Top!

Goofy's Glacier -- Up Close

These are VERY good. The strawberry won my vote hands down! The flavor instantly reminded me of the red fla-vor-ice freeze pops that we slurped out of their plastic sleeves as kids. You know — the kind that, like, cut up your mouth if you sucked on it really hard. Ow. Anyway, you won’t find the same danger with the Goofy’s Glaciers. ;-)

At Big Top, get your Glacier in a cute souvenir cup with ears. Or, save the dough and spend it elsewhere. Only you know how critical those souvenir cups are to your fam.

Souvenir Cups for Goofy's Glaciers at Big Top Treats

I’m hoping they introduce more and more flavors here as well! But, in the meantime, I’m happy to quench my thirst — and my need for something cool and sweet — with that yummo strawberry!

Have you sampled Goofy’s Glaciers? What flavor would you choose?

1. Alec says:

Do they no longer offer the cute build-a-cups with Mickey Ear caps and Mickey feet bases?

Alec — No, unfortunately they don’t as far as we know. We checked both locations and were told that the build-a-cups have gone by the wayside.

3. Alec says:

Aww, that’s sad. My Stitch build-a-cup still has a prime spot on my desk, one of my favorite little souvenirs.

4. Rebecca Bain says:

I’ve become crazy about Disney souvenir cups! It started with the Beast stein from Gaston’s Tavern and now I want to get more when I come back to WDW!! The good thing is that you can quench your thirst while also getting a nice souvenir!!!

5. Jenny says:

I like the suvie cups, I think I’d like the strawberry lemonade, that sounds really good to me. :)

6. Mike says:

That being said, can you still take in your build-a-cup and get a refill at a discounted price?? Didn’t see it listed on the main sign.

7. DisneyMom says:

would this be considered a Snack Option on the dining plan?

Alec — Ha ha! Perfect!

Rebecca Bain — Don’t forget that there are Icabod Crane/Headless Horseman and Pirate versions of that same souvenir stein in MK, too! :-)

Jenny — I think I’ll try that one next!

Mike — I’m not sure on that! Great question… I’ll have to check next time I’m there. If it does still work, I’d assume it only works at Goofy’s Candy Co, and not at Big Top.

DisneyMom — I believe they’re too expensive to be a snack option. DDP snacks will have a little purple symbol next to them on the menu, and these do not. :-(

9. Essie says:

I’ve had the Coke slushie at Goofy’s Candy Co. and I think you get more bang for your buck there. There is a domed top on it and the lady really filled it all the way to the top for me. It was so hot and that slushie was just what I needed!

10. Jay says:

Just to play devil’s advocate here…the sodas shown on the pictured menu board don’t have the snack icon, but the 20 oz bottles are listed on the DDP flyer as snacks. Maybe they just haven’t added the icons yet and these will count (not in souvenier cups though)