New technology continues to be unveiled at Walt Disney World restaurants. This week, we have an exclusive report on the Rapid Fill beverage program at Disney resorts, as well as the Touch to Pay system that comes along with the MyMagic+ rollout.
It’s time to catch up on the news. Read on…
Disney Food News
Lots of news from Disney this week!
- Rapid Fill, the new beverage program for Walt Disney World refillable mugs, is now in use. See how it works!
- Walt Disney World restaurants continue to implement new technology, including Tableside Tap to Pay Pads, MagicBands, and more!
- Brand new sweet eats debut at Animal Kingdom’s Kusafiri Bakery!
- Big news for Chase Visa Card Members who are looking forward to the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival’s VIP Lounge!
- Starbucks plans two locations at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney district.
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including An Artful Open House at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney district, Animal Kingdom Menu Changes, New Entertainment at Scat Cat’s Club in the Port Orleans French Quarter resort, and more.
DFB Reader Finds
We love this tweet received from Reader Nicole: “Thanks @DisneyFoodBlog for all the yummy suggestions and it’s only Day 1!” You are welcome!!
Reader Becky tweeted the new menu from Epcot’s Sommerfest restaurant. The side item — German Potato Salad — is a new addition!
The DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book
We’re thrilled to announce the grand launch of the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival e-Book! With over 190 pages and multiple bonus items, it’s pretty substantial!
In honor of our grand launch, we have a discount option for DFB readers (as always!). You can get the new mini-guide for $3 off the regular purchase price for a limited time — just use code CHEFS at the check-out!
As always, we’ve made this mini-guide instantly downloadable for your convenience, and easily installed on your mobile devices. It’s a PDF guide with over 190 pages of detailed information about the Festival as well as photographs and customized bonus items to help you get the best experience possible.
The DFB Mini-Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival includes customized bonus items that go above and beyond any other Food & Wine Festival coverage currently available. These include:
- A full, daily schedule of events for every day of the festival
- A printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist that you can use to plan, and easily bring with you to the festival
- Themed World Showcase booth crawls (there’s even one for the kids!)
- Food and Wine Festival customized Touring Strategies for One Day visits, Budget-Conscious visits, visits with kids, and more
- A chapter dedicated to all “New for 2013″ events, menu items, booths, and more
- Full food, wine, beer, winery, and chef indexes, including dates and locations of where you can find your favorites
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival recipes
- And more!
Once again, celebrate the grand launch with us by getting $3 off the purchase price for the e-Book! Order your copy now for only $11.95 (regularly $14.95). To secure the discount, use code CHEFS at the check-out.
Want an Even Better Deal?
We’ve got it! For an even bigger discount, head over to the DFB Storeand check out our e-Book Bundles!
All the Guides Bundle, Including Food and Wine: Planning a big trip and need the low-down on Disney Food across the board? We’ve got it all for you in this steeply discounted e-Book Bundle, which includes the Epcot Food & Wine Festival Guide and the Holidays at Disney World Guide!
Food and Wine Bundle: Another chance to pick up two of our very best-selling guides! Get a significant discount on our 400-page DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013, and the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival — together! This Food and Wine Bundle offers all of our insider tips and tricks for the Festival AND the rest of your Disney World visit!
For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Mini-Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival, head over to DFBMiniGuides.com/foodandwine!
(Did you purchase a pre-order of the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival and not receive your book? Let us know at Support@DFBGuide.com!)
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix geeks out with this Darth Vader Lunch Box. Don’t go back to school without one!
Walt Disney World for Grownups digs in to Apple Crisp at the Magic Kingdom’s Columbia Harbor House.
Cake Wrecks delights with imaginative Alice in Wonderland cakes.
The Daily City shares construction photos for Epcot’s Spice Road Table at the Morocco pavilion.
Epbot highlights jewelry for Disney geeks and Disney foodie fans!
Main Street Gazette honors Elvis with the King Cupcake from Disney’s Pop Century resort.
The Atomic Grog wonders if Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar will be constructed at Disney’s Polynesian Resort.