This week, we got our first look at the 2013 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Once again, the party is brimming with unique treats!
From candy corn soft serve to cupcakes galore (YUM!), we recommend snacking your way through the party. Don’t forget about the complimentary trick-or-treat candy!
Here’s some more food news from your favorite Disney parks…
Disney Food News
Enjoy this week’s delicious news!
- 2014 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties are offered on select nights. Check out some of the exclusive treats offered at the party this year!
- Discount meals available during Downtown Disney’s Foodtopia in October!
- Food Kiosks will return to the 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival!
- A new kiosk, Prince Eric’s Village Market, is now open in the Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland. Menu options include Shave Ice!
- Edible Orlando hosting Field to Feast Dinner starring Walt Disney World chefs!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including a Ghirardelli at El Capitan Theatre, and more.
DFB Reader Finds
We’re featuring delicious eats from Disneyland this week from Reader Wendy Hofmann!
First up: “Bowl of gumbo ($9) from Cafe Orleans! Delicious! The bowl is a much better deal than the cup ($6). The gumbo is rich, with lots of chunky chicken and sausage. The restaurant serves it with a big serving of dirty rice on top of the soup.”
Wendy shares this next delight: “OK, next picture does not do this item justice…carrot cake fromTomorrowland Terrace ($5). First, the cake is 4 inches long and is shareable, if you’re feeling nice. The cake is dense with lots of chunky goodies – that’s a walnut half showing after I took a bite. The frosting is rich, dense, stick-to-the-fork cream cheese frosting!!! They keep this cake in the fridge, and if you eat it cold, you’ll have trouble licking the frosting off the fork because its sooo dense!”
I can’t WAIT til my next Disneyland trip!!!! Thanks for sharing, Wendy!!!
The DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book
Don’t forget to pick up your copy of the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival e-Book THIS WEEK! It’s almost time for the festival to begin! With over 190 pages and multiple bonus items, it’s pretty substantial. And just in time to make your plans — the festival starts soon!
This week, we have a discount option for DFB readers (as always!). You can get the mini-guide for $3 off the regular purchase price — just use code TRAY at the check-out!
As always, we’ve made this mini-guide instantly downloadable for your convenience, and easily installed on your mobile devices. It’s a PDF guide with over 190 pages of detailed information about the Festival as well as photographs and customized bonus items to help you get the best experience possible.
The DFB Mini-Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival includes customized bonus items that go above and beyond any other Food & Wine Festival coverage currently available. These include:
- A full, daily schedule of events for every day of the festival
- A printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist that you can use to plan, and easily bring with you to the festival
- Themed World Showcase booth crawls (there’s even one for the kids!)
- Food and Wine Festival customized Touring Strategies for One Day visits, Budget-Conscious visits, visits with kids, and more
- A chapter dedicated to all “New for 2013” events, menu items, booths, and more
- Full food, wine, beer, winery, and chef indexes, including dates and locations of where you can find your favorites
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival recipes
- And more!
Want an Even Better Deal?
We’ve got it! For an even bigger discount, head over to the DFB Storeand check out our e-Book Bundles!
All the Guides Bundle, Including Food and Wine: Planning a big trip and need the low-down on Disney Food across the board? We’ve got it all for you in this steeply discounted e-Book Bundle, which includes the Epcot Food & Wine Festival Guide and the Holidays at Disney World Guide!
Food and Wine Bundle: Another chance to pick up two of our very best-selling guides! Get a significant discount on our 400-page DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013, and the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival — together! This Food and Wine Bundle offers all of our insider tips and tricks for the Festival AND the rest of your Disney World visit!
For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Mini-Guide to the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival, head over to DFBMiniGuides.com/foodandwine!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix freshens up with Star Wars Mints!
Beers and Ears drinks around World Showcase in Epcot. Cheers!
Disney Hipster sips a delicious Citrus Infusion!
Huffington Post praises Disney’s allergy-friendly dining.
Disney Parks Blog celebrates Halloween with themed treats at Walt Disney World!
Cake Wrecks highlights pirate-themed cake-wrecks!
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups dishes on ice cream at Hollywood Scoops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!