Last month, we told you about the non-alcoholic specialty drinks that are available with the 2018 Disney Dining Plan — a post that will keep evolving as we learn more about what does and does not count as a beverage on the DDP. Specialty drinks include such tasty gems as Artisanal Milkshakes and Fresh Smoothies!
And now we’re bringing you another such evolving post — only this time, we’re tackling the grown up beverages that guests can enjoy on this year’s DDP!
Officially the word from Disney is that the Plan includes one beer, wine, or cocktail for guests 21-and-older.
Just as we discovered with the non-alcoholic specialty beverages this year, mileage may vary a lot from location to location — or even from server to server on this one.
We’ve had readers tell us that any and every cocktail was included — and some who’ve said glasses of wine only up to a certain price point are included. There are even some guest reports that it depends on whether your meal is Signature, one-credit, or quick service (where, of course, selection is pretty limited sometimes)! DFB reader Michelle tells us that on her visit to Yachtsman Steakhouse, the dessert menu drinks were annotated to show which were included.
One thing that seems consistant is that drinks served in souvenir glasses aren’t included — at least, the glasses themselves aren’t included (e.g. no Nautilus for YOU!).
And if you’re a Lapu Lapu fan? You might now be served your drink not in the classic pineapple but in a standard glass instead. (DFB reader Ashley W. reports that the Lapu Lapu was the only drink not included for her dinner at ‘Ohana.)
Still, this leaves us with lots of options — including some top shelf options like the Patron Lime Margarita at La Cantina de San Angel, confirmed by DFB reader Leah — and lots of questions! (FYI: Leah also says that everything but tequila shots are included at La Cantina de San Angel!)
Speaking of Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion restaurants, DFB reader Katie tells us that she was able to get a margarita and reader Mary adds that the Sangria was included at La Hacienda de San Angel on the DDP. Katie adds that she was told to be specific with your server about what drink(s) you want included with your DDP credits.
- DFB reader Steven had the following experiences:
- Flame Tree Barbecue allowed Vodka and Lemonade with a Quick Service Credit.
- Sangria was included at Fairfax Fare (but non-alcoholic lemonade was not).
- Be Our Guest allowed any drink up to $24!
- DFB reader Ashley W. tells us that any wine sold by the glass was included with her meal at Boma.
- DFB reader Vanessa M. tells us that San Angel Inn allows any alcoholic beverage $15 and under (as well as smoothies for the non-alcoholic members of the party!).
- Thanks to reader Lindsi, we know Hard Milkshakes are included at D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs!
So we’re inviting our DFB readers to chime in on this topic: Have you used the DDP in 2018 and ordered an alcoholic drink? If so, tell us about your experiences in the comments below!