We’re finally in the know about the California Grill opening date!
Get ready to make your Advance Dining Reservations beginning August 26 (tomorrow!) for the restaurant’s September 9th opening date (and beyond)! We can’t wait to see the results of the restaurant’s renovations as well as sample new menu items!
Also, if your resort’s food court is an important element to your Disney World vacation, please review the news on the temporary closing of the All-Star Sports End Zone food court.
Don’t miss this week’s news. Time to catch up on your reading…
Disney Food News
Interesting and delicious news this week!
- We’ve got the details on Disney World’s California Grill reservations and opening date!
- Guests staying at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will find the End Zone Food Court closed for renovations.
- Check out this review of the new FastPass+ system for Be Our Guest Restaurant in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora at the BoardWalk Resort is now offering a Prix Fixe menu.
- Try the new Double Chocolate Funnel Cake at Epcot’s Funnel Cake Stand in the America Pavilion.
- Check out some Tiki Room merchandise at Disneyland and Disney World!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including The Great Irish Hooley at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney Orlando, Food of Life Event at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, and more.
DFB Reader Finds
In our Reader Finds showcase this week — two new dessert options from Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom! Thanks to Reader Kaitlyn for sending in these gorgeous photos!
The first is a trio — a warm pecan cake with caramel sauce, a triple chocolate mousse, and a meyer lemon tart.
And check out a new signature dessert: The Clock Strikes Twelve is a white chocolate mousse dome covered in a dark chocolate ganache.
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
Pick up our 2013 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book for $4 off using code 2013!
This comprehensive e-Book offers over 400 pages of expert information, color photographs, advice, reviews, and details about Dining in Disney World. And these awesome bonus items are included:
- Downloadable worksheets for planning your trip.
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you with brainstorming.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges.
- An index of some of our favorite Top 5 lists.
- Four food-themed scavenger hunts — one for each Disney World theme park!
- Disney Dining Trivia to play while waiting in line, or waiting for a table.
Pick up your copy today with code 2013 for a $4 discount! As a downloadable PDF, the book can be read on your computer, smartphone, and tablet easily!
Want Even More Savings?
If you’re headed to Disney World this year or in early 2014, our BEST DEAL can be found when you bundle for savings!
Right now, get over 40% off of four of our most popular Disney Dining Guides with the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle.
Including the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining AND all three of our DFB Snacks Guides. Get more information about the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle here!
On to the Round-Up!
shows how to decorate our kitchens with character. Check out this adorable Mickey Kitchen Caddy!
Passport to Dreams Old & New showcases the history of the Captain Jack’s location at Downtown Disney Orlando.
Jenny Cookies has a seriously awesome set of photos from a Peter Pan Birthday Party!
Walt Disney World for Grownups sips Mexican beers at La Cava del Tequila in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion. Cheers!
disZine highlights the multi-city, healthy living tour featuring the Doc Mobile from Disney Junior’s ‘Doc McStuffins’.
Yesterland reviews Ama Ama at Disney’s Aulani resort in Oahu!
Disney Parks Blog tempts Disneyland visitors with favorite ice cream treats!