Star Wars Weekends Darth Vader Cupcake and Other Specialty Foods

Darth Vader and R2D2 are where it’s at when it comes to food at this year’s Star Wars Weekends in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

This chocolate peanut butter cupcake has been upgraded with a white chocolate Darth and a couple of dueling chocolate light sabers on top! We found this one at Starring Rolls Cafe.

The taste is still out of this world, and the gooey, fudgey peanut butter chocolate center is well worth the cost of the cupcake!

Darth Vader Cupcake

If you’d rather fight for the good guys, pick up the R2D2 dessert cup (sporting a variety of different desserts depending on where you get him — tiramisu and strawberry shortcake at Starring Rolls, chocolate mousse at Backlot Express). The cup easily lifts out of the toy so that you have a souvenir to take home!

R2D2 dessert cup

Tiramisu

At Sci-Fi Dine-In, get one with a full hot fudge sundae in it!

Sci-Fi Dine-In Star Wars Specialty Dessert

Or if caramel corn is more your choice, pick up the specialty R2D2 caramel corn bucket!

Star Wars Weekends Specialty Popcorn Bucket

We love having the option of caramel corn!!

So, who are you going to go for?

1. Griffin says:

Looks cool, wish you could get these souvie designs all year long :)

2. Loved seeing both of these as options this year. I thought it was simple, yet creative.

3. Melissa says:

Ahhh I wish this was there 2 weeks ago!

4. Kristina says:

Do we know how long these will be around for? I’d love to get an R2D2 with a hot fudge sundae or chocolate mousse in it and I know my husband would love the chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
    We’ll be visiting in October, I hope they are still around.

5. Dana says:

We literally *just* left Pizza Planet and saw them in there- wish I had gotten one- they looked amazing!!

6. JoAnn says:

Any chance they’ll extend these after Star Wars weekends end? I would love the Darth Vader cupcake.

7. Annie says:

I tried the Darth Vader cupcake and I found it a little sickening with all that frosting at the top of it, I did like the little chocolate sticks and picture disc on top but there was way too much frosting.

8. Jennifer says:

I SO want that popcorn bucket!! I have a small collection of buckets and that one is awesome!

9. Just got back from my trip. The cupcake was also available at Backlot Express. The Cast Member I talked with said they were allotted 75 that day (Sunday). I don’t know if that’s a set figure for every day of SWW or for the projected attendance figures that day.

FWIW, I did find the cupcake delicious, but very, very rich. I couldn’t finish even half of it, because it’s so heavy on the frosting.

I also bought the caramel corn R2D2 bucket; I wouldn’t recommend them. They’re all pretty cheaply made, from what I could see. Mine broke within the first day of purchase.

10. Mandy says:

I got the Darth Vader cupcake at the Backlot Express last week & OMG! It was AMAZING!! I got the very last one that they had & it was only 12:30 pm!