We’re back with another What’s New, and this time we’re visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This Park is poised for a new era as we edge closer, day by day, to the August 29 opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. But in the meantime, we’re bringing you updates to menus, merchandise, and construction!
Another snack tribute to Forky — the newest member of the Toy Story gang who will make his debut in Toy Story 4 soon — has arrived in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Hooray for Hollywood — and for today’s What’s New from Disney’s Hollywood Studios! We’ve got a small update from the park — but we’re starting with some big news!
What’s New at Hollywood Studios’ Entrance
The construction that’s been filling the Park’s entrance area is complete, and a brand new tram drop off and loading zone has been unveiled. [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
It’s time for another festival to start! Check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which begins this Friday – January 18, including FULL menus and lots of food photos! We’ll be there reporting live, so stay tuned to DFB’s instagram, twitter, and newsletter!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the booth updates and more for the Festival of the Arts.
- Peter Pan’s Flight is closed for refurb! When will it reopen?
- You won’t believe the price of this limited edition Disney gift card!
- What’s new at Epcot this week?
- Check out the details about booking a Disneyland vacation before prices increase.
- We have all the details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom.
- Troll Horns have returned to the Kringla Bakeri og Kafe!
- We reviewed a new snack at Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cinderella Cupcake at the Main Street Bakery!
- Check out the food and merchandise coming to the Get Your Ears On Celebration at Disneyland.
- New Passholder benefits announced for Festival of the Arts.
- Check out the new Alex and Ani Disney food-themed bracelets!
- There’s a new Wreck-It-Ralph Sundae in Disney Springs.
- Reservations are now available for Toledo – Tapas, Steak, and Seafood at Coronado Springs.
- Check out all the NEW Potion Purple merchandise at Disney World.
- We spotted new Mickey Donut and Pizza handbags from Danielle Nicole at the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the latest construction updates from Epcot.
- We reviewed the new limited time menu items at D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs.
- More pop-up shopping experiences are coming in 2019 for Annual Passholders!
- It’s never too early to start thinking about the holidays at Disneyland.
- You’ve got to check out this new Disney food-themed merchandise.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe is undergoing some refurbishments.
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out these fun finds from the runDisney Expo.
- We have menu items and prices for the Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure.
- The opening date and menu were announced for Ballast Point at Disneyland.
- We have the latest details on the Epcot World Showcase Wine Walk.
- Check out these first-timer FAQs about Disney vacation planning.
- Disney Springs restaurants and shops are offering discounts for Marathon participants.
- We reviewed the Ultraviolet Purple Cake Pops in Disneyland.
- We have updates on the construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the 2019 Valentine’s Day merchandise at Disney World!
- Construction walls are up around Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Check out the new Celebrate Mickey merchandise at Disney World.
- We reviewed the new Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in Disney Springs.
- We are loving the new Loungelfy line of merchandise featuring iconic Disney food.
- There’s a new cotton candy-infused cupcake at Port Orleans Riverside.
- Check out the amazing new eats at Disney’s Blizzard Beach.
- We have details on the new IllumiNations Dining Package coming to Epcot.
- You’ve got to see these new Minnie Mouse Donut Ears at Disneyland.
- Mickey Ice Cream Bars might be at a grocery store near you very soon.
- Check out the new concept art for Jaleo – coming soon to Disney Springs.
- We spotted a new Mardi Gras cupcake at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter.
- NEW Buffalo Chicken Springs Rolls have arrived at the Magic Kingdom.
- There are so many purple treats at the Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Check out the new Buzz Lightyear ears at Disney World.
- We checked out the menu at the Sunshine Day Bar in Hollywood Studios.
- There’s a special Disney Vacation Club member event at the Festival of the Arts.
- We checked out the new menu at Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the new line of Rock the Dots merchandise!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Not-So-Magical Truths About Disney World, The Best Time to Go To Disney World in 2019, How Disney Gets You to Spend More Money, and What to Eat When You’re Tired of Sweet.
New DFB Video — How Disney Gets You to Spend More Money
It’s been a busy week over in Hollywood Studios! We’ve rounded up all the updates for you — new eats, new merchandise and LOTS of construction.
We don’t expect to see these Christmas decorations up much longer! They have been busy in the last few days in the park with lots of new updates, starting with the Skyliner station!
Welcome back to Backlot Express!
This counter service option is quite possibly the most popular in Disney’s Hollywood Studios (with the exception of the relatively new Woody’s Lunch Box). Known for its highly detailed movie warehouse setting and classic dishes like chicken nuggets, burgers, and salads, it’s a spot which appeals to many guests.
The past couple of years, Backlot Express has also been known as the spot to find some Star Wars themed eats among the offerings. The Royal Guard Burger and Dark Side Chicken and Waffles (with said waffles emblazoned with Darth Vader) were found as entrees in front of Star Wars cupcakes for dessert options featuring an array of characters ranging over the years from Darth Vader and Yoda to Chewbacca and BB-8 and beyond.
We’re here today, though, to check out the newly revamped menu and to discover what’s changed and what’s remained the same on the menu at Backlot Express! [Read more…]
The Flurry of Fun at Walt Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios might as well be called Flurry of Deliciousness because with the holiday festivities also came a ton of exciting holiday treats! Believe it or not, there are so many fantastic eats and drinks that we created the DFB’s exclusive Flurry of Fun Food Checklist.
Yeah, we take our snacking pretty seriously. 😉
But now we need to break it down. Because if you’re trying to eat your way through the Disney Parks this year, you’ll have to roll yourself home. (Trust us, we know.) And that’s why you’ve got us!
We try it all (see ALL of our Flurry of Fun Reviews Here!) — so we can help you find the BEST of Hollywood Studios’ Flurry of Fun!
Egg Nog Panna Cotta
This is one Flurry of Fun treat that you don’t want to miss if you’re an egg nog fan — and believe us when we say that it was a bit of a surprise! Panna Cotta that’s not done well tends to give us milk jello vibes, and that’s not a good thing. But the Egg Nog Panna Cotta from Catalina Eddie’s was a good example of panna cotta done right.
The panna cotta itself is creamy and really carries that egg nog flavor. The tart raspberries are a phenomenal counterpart, and we also loved the bits of cranberry on top. It’s a dessert that’s both comfortable and classy. Get this!
Chocolate Chestnut Mousse
Hollywood Studios is one of our favorite places to be during the Holidays. Between the Flurry of Fun, Sunset Seasons Greetings, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM show, decorations, and so many eats, and a new car entrance along with Skyliner progress there’s just so much to see and do here. Our visit this week including collecting everything that’s new in one super-post for you!
Find out about all the new “normal”/non-holiday eats, holiday eats, merchandise, decoration updates and so much more!
Flurry of Fun officially opens November 8 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But we’ve been at the park all day checking out all the new holiday eats, and we found one you’ve gotta try at Backlot Express!
We present the Chocolate Chestnut Pinecone!
This new treat was surprising and SO COOL! [Read more…]