This little treat is not officially a part of the festival, so don’t look for it your Festival Passport. The big question, did this taste as good as it looked?
The first Epcot Festival of 2019 has officially begun! Today kicks off the third annual Epcot Festival of the Arts!
Today through February 25, 2019, three artistic disciplines — Visual, Performance, and Culinary — will be celebrated in special art exhibits, participatory activities and photo ops for guests, complimentary seminars and extra-ticketed interactive workshops, and performances including the Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
Today, we’re focusing — naturally! — on the Culinary Arts! You can find these at Food Studios around the World Showcase, which, like the Marketplace Booths for the Food and Wine Festival, bring new tapas sized dishes and unique drinks to the park. Additional items are also added to permanent locations in Epcot.
And we’re trying them ALL to bring YOU the items you’ve got to try at the Epcot Festival of the Arts! You can see pictures of every item by visiting our Food Studios page. But right now? Check out our…
BEST OF THE FEST!!
Here are our favorite food and drinks from the day!
There’s so much going on in Epcot! They are getting ready for the Festival of the Arts to open next week, adding new rides, attractions, restaurants, and even more. This visit was jam-packed with updates!
Let’s dive into all of the updates and start in Future World at one of our first stops on every visit — Fountain View for Coffee and Cupcakes!
It should come as no surprise to you that the DFB team loves photography. We take thousands of photos every year, and we honestly relish every one. So generating a list of the DFB’s Most Wow-Worthy Pictures This Year was an impossible task. But we buckled down and found a few we wanted to share with you once more!
Join us as we share fifteen must-see pictures from this year!
Giant Mickey Birthday Krispy — Magic Kingdom
We had a blast celebrating Mickey’s 90th birthday in November, and you know that all those specialty eats had us pretty excited. But when we saw the size of the Giant Mickey Birthday Krispy we knew it needed lots of photographic love. We like how this picture captures the breadth of this huge krispy treat — not an easy feat in a World of oversized, fantastical things!
Plus there’s lovely sunlight bouncing off that smooth chocolate. Love!
Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays is in full swing. Guests are sipping hot cocoa, enjoying cultural storytellers in the World Showcase, and flocking to see the Candlelight Processional each night.
With everything at Epcot moving merrily along this holiday season, you might not think we’d have anything new to tell you about this week. But guess what? We do! Read on to hear all about turkey legs, Mickey and Minnie tea infusers, construction updates, and holiday sweets!
Over at Epcot, Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion has definitely not been slacking when it comes to their holiday cupcake game. Last week, we reviewed the Snowman Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcake and we also spotted the Christmas Gift Cupcake as well! Now, we have another exciting sweet treat to tell you about!
It’s a Holiday Minnie Cupcake! Just like the Flower Pot PB&J Cupcake got an update for Santa season, this little cutie did, too!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out 2019 Disney Dining Plan restaurants.
- We shared the narrator change for the Candlelight Processional on December 24 and 25!
- We reviewed the Disney After Hours at the Animal Kingdom!
- Find out who is the new executive chef at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.
- We shared our 25 favorite Disney cupcakes for this year.
- Get the details on celebrating the Lunar New Year at Disneyland!
- Check out the dates for the 2019 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on the 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series at the Flower and Garden Festival.
- We reviewed the 12 Beers of Christmas at Morimoto Asia.
- We shared details on an exclusive shopping event for Annual Passholders.
- Check out the new Tasting Sampler coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We spotted new Starbucks tumblers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the menu changes and new items at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’!
- Napolini has reopened in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Chinese Chili Popcorn is now available at Tokyo Disney!
- Check out the construction pins guests are getting at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort!
- We shared details on the Incredible New Year’s Eve party at PCH Grill.
- Check out the new seasonal cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- The Millennium Falcon has landed at Disneyland.
- Loaded Mickey Waffles have returned to Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge!
- You can design your own bake box at Sprinkles right now. And check out the seasonal cupcake flavors!
- Wine Bar George celebrated National Cookie Day with a special cookie.
- We reviewed new menu items and cocktails at Raglan Road in Disney Springs!
- Satu’li Canteen changes its menu – where’d the Cheeseburger Pods go?
- Two new seasonal treats are on the menu at Vivoli il Gelato in Disney Springs.
- We shared the best treats to eat at Flurry of Fun in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out our review of the Holiday Cheesesteak Dog in Disneyland.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Worst Disney Advice You’ll Get, Six Things That Are Way Better in Disneyland than Disney World, and Our Favorite and Least Favorite Fast Food Spots in Epcot.
New DFB Video — The Worst Disney Advice You’ll Get
We love us some cupcakes here at the Disney Food Blog (check out our Disney Cupcake Challenge!), and no year in review could possibly be complete without an ode to some of our favorites!
So for your delicious viewing pleasure: DFB’s Favorite Cupcakes of 2018!
Oh, yes. The year in cupcakes kicked off in high gear with the grandest cupcake of them all: the Rose Gold Cupcake! We found this beauty way back in January at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot’s Future World, and then rose gold treats suddenly began appearing everywhere!
We didn’t hate the rose gold trend. We were in for the ears, the spirit jerseys, and — especially — the cupcakes! This one from Main Street Bakery was a big hit due to all. that. frosting!
Just like Hollywood Studios, there are lots of exciting things coming to Epcot in the near future! Between two new attractions, the Skyliner, Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, and two new table service restaurants, we have more than a few updates for you this week.
Want to know more about what we found in Future World and around the World (Showcase)? Let’s go!