January has been full of a LOT of changes at Disney World.
It’s that time again — that time when we look at all the restaurant and menu updates at Disney World for the week!
And we didn’t have that many this week, but be sure to check out some of our reviews for some special snacks we discovered at the parks, including a Valentine’s Day coffee beverage, some yummy marshmallows, and Bubble Tea Mochi! Now on to the updates!
Disney World continues to open up restaurants throughout the theme parks and resorts.
Territory Lounge at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge opened up earlier this month when the weather was too cold for Geyser Point (the outdoor lounge and pool bar) to operate. While we did enjoy that little surprise, we can confirm that Territory Lounge will be open through New Year’s!
Get ready to get sippin’ at one of our FAVORITE Disney resorts.
Yesterday we visited Territory Lounge at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort for the first time in MONTHS. Though this spot was only open due to the cold weather, we DID get to try out their two holiday drink specials!
Since the Disney World theme parks have reopened in July, several dining locations have remained closed.
We’ve seen many places start to open again like Woody’s Lunch Box, and others that have announced reopening dates. While this reopening was not announced, we can confirm that Territory Lounge at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge was open to guests this evening!
Ahh, cheese: basically one of our favorite food groups here at DFB.
If you’re as obsessed as we are (and we are pretty passionate), you’ll want to know EXACTLY where you can find the best cheese in Disney, from killer mac to cream cheese frosting excellence and more! And, we’ve got the greatest list for you, friends… .
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out 2019 Disney Dining Plan restaurants.
- We shared the narrator change for the Candlelight Processional on December 24 and 25!
- We reviewed the Disney After Hours at the Animal Kingdom!
- Find out who is the new executive chef at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.
- We shared our 25 favorite Disney cupcakes for this year.
- Get the details on celebrating the Lunar New Year at Disneyland!
- Check out the dates for the 2019 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on the 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series at the Flower and Garden Festival.
- We reviewed the 12 Beers of Christmas at Morimoto Asia.
- We shared details on an exclusive shopping event for Annual Passholders.
- Check out the new Tasting Sampler coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We spotted new Starbucks tumblers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the menu changes and new items at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’!
- Napolini has reopened in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Chinese Chili Popcorn is now available at Tokyo Disney!
- Check out the construction pins guests are getting at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort!
- We shared details on the Incredible New Year’s Eve party at PCH Grill.
- Check out the new seasonal cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- The Millennium Falcon has landed at Disneyland.
- Loaded Mickey Waffles have returned to Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge!
- You can design your own bake box at Sprinkles right now. And check out the seasonal cupcake flavors!
- Wine Bar George celebrated National Cookie Day with a special cookie.
- We reviewed new menu items and cocktails at Raglan Road in Disney Springs!
- Satu’li Canteen changes its menu – where’d the Cheeseburger Pods go?
- Two new seasonal treats are on the menu at Vivoli il Gelato in Disney Springs.
- We shared the best treats to eat at Flurry of Fun in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out our review of the Holiday Cheesesteak Dog in Disneyland.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Worst Disney Advice You’ll Get, Six Things That Are Way Better in Disneyland than Disney World, and Our Favorite and Least Favorite Fast Food Spots in Epcot.
New DFB Video — The Worst Disney Advice You’ll Get
The landscape sure has changed at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
With this summer’s opening of the Disney Vacation Club Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, it was anticipated that more and elevated dining options would be needed at the already popular Resort. Hence the refurbishment of Roaring Fork as well as the addition of Geyser Point Bar & Grill.
And honestly, Geyser Point really is a terrific new spot. But today I’m taking you back to where it all started (in regards to great lounges at Wilderness Lodge): Territory Lounge. I don’t care how many terrific enhancements they make to the Lodge. This spot will continue to rank among the best lounges in Walt Disney World, in my opinion.
They serve great drinks (with lots of Canadian beer options), but even better than the drinks is the upscale pub grub with old favorites served up in new ways, and less familiar dishes heavily inspired by the Pacific Northwest. [Read more…]
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of late night snacking at Walt Disney World!
Making the most of a Walt Disney World vacation often means burning the candle at both ends — and you’ve gotta fuel your late night push! Here are our picks for the best late night snacks and where to find them. [Read more…]
The BIG GAME is almost here! We’re of course talking about Super Bowl Sunday!!
There’s only one little problem, though: you’re in Walt Disney World.
Now, normally, that would be all kinds of awesome. But when it’s Super Bowl Sunday, we’re betting that there will be lots of you looking to find a TV in time to catch the match.
Lucky for you, we’re huge football fans too! So we’ve done our research to figure out where the best places to catch the Super Bowl — or any big game, really — are throughout Walt Disney World. And today, we’re here to share them with YOU, just in time for kickoff!
They come to you courtesy of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
The Impossible: ESPN Club at Disney’s BoardWalk
So…here’s the deal. You were planning to head over to Disney’s BoardWalk suuuuper early, and stake out a spot at the bar to watch the Big Game at ESPN Club.
Um, here’s the bad news. Don’t bother.
Seating at this ultimate sports bar (yep, there are even TVs in the bathroom) is at such a premium that they aren’t even accepting walk ups. For the Super Bowl, it’s all premium reserved seating, which comes with a cover of $75 for guests ages 21 and older, and $50 for guests ages 1-20. [Read more…]