BUT many of our favorite restaurants are found at the over 20 Disney World resort hotels! Today, we’re going to tell you about the best meals you can get without ever leaving your resort.
You’ve probably heard of hidden Mickeys before, but did you know there are hidden bars, secret ceremonies, and special magical extras at many of the Disney resorts? We’re talking about super-secret, totally under wraps happenings you’ll have to see to believe!
And not to worry — they aren’t just for the guests staying there; everyone’s invited to join in the fun! Here’s our list of the Nine Disney resort experiences you didn’t even know existed — until now!
If you’re heading to Disney World with your fabulous Disney squad, you’re going to want to share some good eats — and we’re talking ultimate foods! And you KNOW that we at DFB know all about THAT!
Here are twelve ultimate foods to share with your #DisneySquad!
Kitchen Sink — Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Beaches & Cream‘s Kitchen Sink is the ULTIMATE ultimate food to share with your Disney squad. This massive sink-bowl is packed with scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream, and mint chocolate chip ice cream and then topped with every ice cream topping in the restaurant (and a full can of whipped cream!). Yeah, it’s amazing.
The menu says the Kitchen Sink serves four — but if you’re with your squad of more than four, we’re pretty sure you’ll all feel satisfied after this one. [Read more…]
Whether you’ve planned a rest day at your resort, live locally and want a Disney dining experience, or just don’t want to eat another meal in one of Walt Disney World’s parks, dining on property without a park ticket offers many delicious options. Resort dining is often fantastic, and Disney Springs has more options for dining than every before.
Here we gather TEN of the BEST places to eat at Walt Disney World
WITHOUT a park ticket!
Sanaa — Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village
First up is one of our favorite table service restaurants in the World — and it also happens only to be a one-credit meal on the Disney Dining Plan! [Read more…]
When you decide to purchase the Disney Dining Plan (or if you snag it during the yearly Free Dining offer!), you want to make sure you maximize your dining credits at every opportunity. With so many one-credit table service restaurants from which to choose, it can be tough to know where to go in order to get the best value for your credits. That’s where the DFB comes in.
Check out our top picks for Disney Dining Plan One-Credit Meals that offer the Biggest Bang for your Disney World Buck!
Kona Cafe, located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, recently changed its menu, and now there’s a lunch and dinner item that makes this table service spot the biggest bang for your DDP buck! So if you’re a fan of a 20-oz. Bone-In Black Angus Rib-Eye, prepare to be the master of the DDP! On top of the $55 steak, add a $14 Lapu-Lapu and a dessert selection (up to $9), and you’ve got a $78 value for your table service credit!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
It’s time for another festival to start! Check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which started January 18 and runs through February 25, including FULL menus and lots of food photos! Be sure to check out our Best of the Fest!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out all the eats at the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure. See the booth menus and prices here.
- See what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We have the latest construction news from Hollywood Studios.
- See what’s new at the Magic Kingdom .
- Check out the hidden characters at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.
- We shared details on the V.I.Passholder pop-up event at Disney Springs.
- The Maleficent Waffle Cone returns to the Magic Kingdom for a limited time.
- The Maleficent dragon float is back in the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
- We reviewed the Funnel Cake Fries at Disney California Adventure!
- The White Truffle Dinner and a prix fixe menu return to Ravello for a limited time.
- Free dining booking ends soon – check out all the details here.
- Check out the Get Your Ears On sweet and savory treats at Jolly Holiday Bakery.
- White Water Snacks reopens at Disneyland’s Grand Californian Resort.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Donut Sundae at Gibson Girl in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Share Your Ears Cheeseburger at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Get all the details on Project Stardust at Disneyland.
- We reviewed Cookie Butter Monkey Bread and more at River Belle Terrace.
- We shared more details about the Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the discount for Disney Vacation Club members at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.
- A premium coffee bar opened at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
- We have details on Valentine’s Day desserts at Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Check out the Confetti Shake at Smokejumpers for the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- We spotted Disney Skyliner gondolas at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed a new menu and seasonal items at Frontera Cocina.
- Check out our review of the Minnie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake.
- Two new dining locations opened at the ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World.
- Pepe from Jose Andres is coming to Disney Springs when Jaleo opens.
- A Zootopia expansion is coming to Shanghai Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Ice Cream Bars that are now available in stores.
- Check out all the Valentine’s Day eats at Disneyland Resort.
- We reviewed the Double Chocolate Fritters at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is now available for booking – and we have dining details.
- We celebrated the launch of the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
- Check out the Valentine’s Day specials at California Grill.
- We have details on the Valentine’s Day menu at Jiko – A Cooking Place.
- Check out the new comic book series based on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We reviewed the Fried Chicken and Beignets at Disneyland’s Cafe Orelans.
- Check out the new Minnie Mouse Sundae at Disneyland’s Golden Horseshoe.
- We reviewed the Steamboat Willie Black and White Cookie at Disneyland.
- Check out the new Maple Bacon Churro at the Get Your Ears on Celebration.
- We reviewed the new Apple Cobbler at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed All the Cheese at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- Check out the Mickey Celebration Churro at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- You’ve got to see the Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” at Disneyland.
- We reviewed Mickey Pizza and Baked Alaska at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Best International Food at Disney World, Technology Hacks You Need to Know While You’re at Disney World, The Best New Festival and Celebration Foods at Disney World and Disneyland, and 16 Must-Have Treats in the Magic Kingdom.
New DFB Video — The 16 Most Exclusive, Must-Have Treats in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
We are big fans of Sanaa at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Kidani Village, with its delicious Bread Service, awesome entrees, and great ambiance. And for Valentine’s Day, this popular one-credit table service restaurant is serving up two special desserts that sound a little familiar!
The first Valentine’s offering is called Cupid’s Candy Bar and the description is super close to the Spice Trade Candy Bar that we loooooove. [Read more…]
The diversity of visitors to Walt Disney World knows no bounds — and with those diverse visitors comes an infinite number of dietary preferences and requirements. We hear from loads of readers with different food needs, and we hear you loud and clear! And with 2019 beginning, we know a lot of you are looking to the popular keto diet to help keep your New Year’s Resolutions!
So we’re here with tips and recommendations for a ketogenic diet (commonly called keto).
It should come as no surprise to you that the DFB team loves photography. We take thousands of photos every year, and we honestly relish every one. So generating a list of the DFB’s Most Wow-Worthy Pictures This Year was an impossible task. But we buckled down and found a few we wanted to share with you once more!
Join us as we share fifteen must-see pictures from this year!
Giant Mickey Birthday Krispy — Magic Kingdom
We had a blast celebrating Mickey’s 90th birthday in November, and you know that all those specialty eats had us pretty excited. But when we saw the size of the Giant Mickey Birthday Krispy we knew it needed lots of photographic love. We like how this picture captures the breadth of this huge krispy treat — not an easy feat in a World of oversized, fantastical things!
Plus there’s lovely sunlight bouncing off that smooth chocolate. Love!
It’s no small thing turning the calendar from one year to the next, and with 2019 arriving at warp speed, we got to thinking about all the awesome eats from 2018 that we’d want to munch on as we ring in the new year.
Here are our picks for Five Awesome Eats You’ve Gotta Get in 2019 in Disney World!
Storybook Dining — Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
Nothing says Walt Disney World quite as much as dining with fairy tale characters, and the brand new Storybook Dining experience in Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort is one such dreamy meal.