Walt Disney World is regularly stepping up its food game, and that includes quick service (a/k/a fast food) in its parks and resorts. In fact, some quick service dining is so good, it rivals some of the better table service restaurants in the parks and resorts!
Disney Parks Blog announced today a new round of desserts coming to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom next month — and you’re definitely going to want to know when and where you can get them for yourself!
These goodies are available with various start and end dates, so you’ll need to plan accordingly to score your favorites! First up: start the day off right with this Mickey Celebration Donut available May 9 through the end of June. You’ll find yours at The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland in strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate frosting.
Head to Pinocchio Village Haus for the Tangled Eclair (available May 9 through the end of June), complete with chocolate frying pan, buttercream hair, and purple craquelin to give it a little crunch.
Wow! What a visit to the Magic Kingdom! We tried the BRAND NEW Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae, Mickey and Minnie Whoopie Pies, and Casey’s Hot Doggitiy Dog of the Month. Plus, we added to our popcorn bucket collection with a just released popcorn bucket. And that isn’t everything — we found a new Dooney and Bourke collection, new shirts, new salt and pepper shakers….and still so much more!
Read along to learn about all the new items in and updates from the Magic Kingdom!
The Magic Kingdom has surprised us with new treats joining Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration on March 1! We’re familiar with one that made its debut over Mickey’s 90th birthday weekend, but the rest are new, starting with the Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae!
Who doesn’t love ice cream when it comes with Mickey and Minnie (!!!) Waffles? This confetti-topped vanilla ice cream sundae is drizzled with chocolate sauce, and topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. Look for the Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. (Minnie makes an adorable waffle, doesn’t she?)
On November 18, 1928, Mickey Mouse appeared in Steamboat Willie.
And the world has never been the same since!
And today through Mickey’s official 90th Anniversary on November 18, 2018, we’re celebrating the Birthday Mouse all over Walt Disney World! [Read more…]
Heads up, all! Big news on the Disney price increase front: there is a price hike to fountain beverages AND iconic snacks around Disney World counter service locations and snack carts.
Developing Story! Read On For UPDATES!
During our recent visit to Magic Kingdom (October 1st), the standard price for a regular Fountain Beverage was $3.29. However, today (October 2nd), DFB reader Shelley C. reported that she was seeing the price listed for regular sized Fountain Beverages as $3.99.
In taking a peek around Mobile Order menus on the My Disney Experience app, this does indeed appear to be the case in several locations. A quick search around reveals the $3.99 price tag for Fountain Beverages at Casey’s Corner, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, and Columbia Harbour House. [Read more…]
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of talking about 15 Disney quick service spots that are better than more expensive table service restaurants!
If you’re looking to spend less money for better food at Disney World, we can help!
There are several Disney World fast food restaurants that are better eats than many higher-priced, table service restaurants…and we’re going to tell you where to find them! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We checked out the Halloween Time eats at Award Weiners!
- Frontera Cocnia is celebrating Mexico’s Día de la Independencia.
- New Kudu Cookie Sandwiches at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodg!
- Earl of Sandwich reopens for a limited time at Disneyland!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is cashless — what does that mean?
- New pizza on the menu at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- Check out the newest “cocktails” at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room testing vegan fishless fish and chips.
- We spotted a Disney Skyliner gondola IN one of the stations!
- Are Oreo Bon Bons back at the clam bake at Cape May Cafe?
- We’re talking about all the Halloween Time eats at Disney California Adventure’s Cozy Cone.
- Check out the pumpkin spice paradise we found at Flo’s V-8 Cafe.
- New morning tea experience at Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room!
- We have details on the new Tailgate Tasting at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We checked out all the Halloween Time treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Reuben Spring Rolls have arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out the change in the pizza dough at Disney Resorts.
- There’s a new menu item at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
- We tried the new Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Halloween Hot Dog at the Refreshment Corner in Disneyland!
- We reviewed the Haunted Firehouse Chicken Sandwich at Halloween Time.
- Breakfast options announced for Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- Check out the hidden gems at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- We have details on the price changes and expansions for the Minnie Vans.
- We reviewed California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted new Halloween Time eats at the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Check out the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Halloween Time!
- You’ve got to see the Churro Cereal Bites Sundae at Disneyland’s Hungry Bear Restaurant!
- Check out the menu changes at Light Lab at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on new eats, merchandise, and more at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the Halloween Time eats at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Will you choose the Chosen One dessert at Saratoga Springs?
- New passholder discount available at two Disney Springs locations.
- We loved the Bacon Mac and Cheese French Fries in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the September Burger of the Month at The Edison.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland is home to some great Halloween Time eats!
- We checked out everything NEW at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- We spotted Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls in Disney Springs.
- We were live at Halloween Time at Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Disney Snacks Ranked!, 11 Reasons Why Your Next Disney Trip Will be Awesome, Disney World Food Tour – Everything to Eat at the Value Resorts, and Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked!
We stopped in Columbia Harbour House after discovering Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers at their neighbor – Liberty Square Market – and were pleasantly surprised to find Columbia Harbour House has whipped up a new treat as well!
As their sign says: Chicken, Sandwiches, Seafood – now they can add a classic side to that list – Hush Puppies!
For those of you scratching your head wondering “um…what’s the big deal…it’s a sandwich…”, let us…ahem…shine a light on things!