Thanks to Pam Brandon over at the Disney Parks Blog, we have even more details on the new Landscape of Flavors food court (which seems to have undergone a name change since we last reported!) opening this summer with Disney’s Art of Animation Resort!
According to Disney Parks and Resorts Director of Food & Beverage Concept Development, Chef Ed Wronski, the focus of this new type of food court is customization. Guests will be able to “make your own” and choose from a variety of options more often in this spot.
Start planning now how you want to create your gelato sundae, smoothies, omelet, pasta, salad, sandwich, and more! There will also be a focus on “better-for-you” options in this location, so perhaps going of your diet won’t be as much of a temptation here! (Wait a minute…who are we kidding? They’ll still have Mickey Bars won’t they?)
Individual Menu Items
Like the other value and moderate resorts, this food court will still be a regular old food court in that it will have five “shops,” each themed to a particular type of food.
- Guests will be treated to a make-your-own salad option here, with the choice of beef or chicken add-ins.
- Caprese sandwich with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes on focaccia, served with house-made potato chips
- Buffalo-style turkey sandwich with arugula and a blue cheese-Buffalo sauce-mayo spread, served with house-made potato chips
World Flavors Shop
- Scrambled Eggs, tandoor potatoes, Portuguese sausage (YUM!), slab bacon, mini-naan bread
- Veggie flatbread sandwich on naan with cauliflower, spinach, and paneer cheese
- Tandoori chicken or shrimp served with naan bread
- Mongolian Beef with vegetables served with naan bread
- Mahi Mahi served with naan bread
- Portuguese sausage served with naan bread
- Roasted acorn squash served with naan bread
- Make-your-own pasta
- Cheese and Pepperoni pizzas
- Meatballs on ciabatta bread
- Breakfast burger with chicken breakfast sausage, cheese, and scrambled eggs on a multi-grain bun
- Steak-and-eggs breakfast burger — a steak burger topped with fried eggs, cheese, and bacon
Lunch and Dinner
- Standard Burgers
- Surf and turf burger with crab cake and fried popcorn shrimp
- Pastrami cheeseburger topped with pepper jack cheese and a slice of fried green tomato
“Grab ‘n Go” Market Shop
Drinks, yogurt, bagels, pastries, gourmet cupcakes, cookies, and gelato (gelato!!!!).
- Made-to-order fresh fruit smoothies
- Lemonade and pomegranate limeade
- Organic teas
- Beer (including gluten-free beer)
- Wine (wine pairings with the entrees from the food shops will be suggested with half bottles of wine)
- Coffee (plain, French vanilla, mocha iced coffee)
The food court will be part of the Disney Dining Plan, and guests will be able to order pizza delivery to their rooms as they can in other value and moderate resorts.
Can’t wait to hear more about this spot! Are you booked to stay at Art of Animation? What food court items are you most looking forward to?