Snack Attack is BACK! Save the Date: October 3, 2012…

Save the date on October 3rd at 8:30pm for Snack Attack, a returning Disney Food Blog WDW Foodie Fest event combining some of your favorite Disney World snacks and an incredible, private view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth in Epcot!

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

And when I say “favorites,” I mean it! No boring, bite-sized desserts here! You’ve never seen a dessert party like this (well…unless you were there last year)!

What’s the Snack Attack?

The Snack Attack, Featuring DFB Favorites is a private, exclusive dessert and fireworks party that will be held on a private terrace at the United Kingdom pavilion, and DFB is working with Disney to provide a unique menu for the lucky attendees.

Last year’s event featured a dessert buffet with some classic Disney Food Blog favorites including…

School Bread from Norway at the 2011 Snack Attack

Starring Rolls’ Butterfinger Cupcakes
Classic Disney Popcorn
Animal Kingdom Lodge Zebra Domes
Mickey Ice Cream Bars
Norway’s School Bread
Writer’s Stop’s Carrot Cake Cookies
Boardwalk Bakery’s Cheesecake Brownies
Starring Rolls’ Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcakes

And MORE!

Carrot Cake Cookies from Disney's Hollywood Studios at 2011 Snack Attack

While Snack Attack ticket-holders will certainly appreciate the one-of-a-kind menu, you’ll also be able to relax and enjoy an awe-inspiring view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, Epcot’s outstanding fireworks spectacular!

No worries about where to locate your seat around World Showcase Lagoon. We’ll be sipping and noshing in our own private viewing area!

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcakes at 2011 Snack Attack

Ticket Information Coming Soon!

This event will be limited to 150 guests. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis, and a waiting list will be maintained in the case of cancellations. The event will be scheduled from 8:30pm-9:30pm in Epcot’s United Kingdom pavilion on October 3, 2012. Details coming soon!

Stay tuned for more WDW Foodie Fest 2012 Events and Details! Sign up for the Disney Food Blog Newsletter to get the details first!

1. Chris Walsh says:

Wow looks AMAZING!! Few years to go before we move to Florida unfortunately!! How much will this cost the lucky people???

2. Becca says:

OMG! I currently have a Flying Fish ADR… That may need to be rescheduled. What’s it going to cost?

Chris — It IS amazing!! So much fun, and unlike anything else out there. :-) Cost will be determined after we finalize the menu, but will likely be around $50-60 per person.

Becca — YAY! Reschedule Flying Fish and come to the Snack Attack! Cost hasn’t been finalized yet, but see above for my guesstimate.

4. Becca says:

Squeal!! How exciting.

5. Christa says:

OMG – I’ll be there at that time!!! Gotta contact a friend that was planning an Illuminations cruise to check the night they are looking at before I can make a decision. I’m super excited since I’ll be there one day too late for Lou’s event.

6. Ana says:

So excited we’ll be at the world then! Will we be able to bring our little one (who turns 1 on the trip!) and would there be an admission charge for him? Thanks!

7. Theresa says:

Darn! We are leaving that day! Sorry we’ll miss it this year! We had so much fun last year!

Christa — It would be SO awesome to have you there!! My fingers are crossed!

Ana — Woo!!! Yes, you’ll definitely be able to bring the little guy. I can’t remember the cost policy on babies from last year, but I’ll get back to you on that one! (I’m pretty sure kids under 2 are no charge.)

9. April says:

WOW!!! Oh, I am so excited about this! We will be @WDW that week & am crossing fingers we get tix for this! With this to look forward to, I might be able to motivate myself to visit my treadmill a little more often in the next few months :)

April — I’m looking forward to meeting you! And let’s motivate each OTHER to get on that treadmill in the next few months! ;-)

11. Marianne says:

Savory snacks? Popcorn, soft pretzels, corn dog bites? Would love to see that ….

Marianne — We’ve got popcorn on the menu, but I love the idea of corn dog nuggets or soft pretzels. I’ll see what I can do… ;-)

13. Christine says:

Bummer…will miss you by 2 weeks. But will be there in spirit and look forward to the advance scouting reports from F&W! :)

14. Joanna says:

I was planning on leaving on Oct. 3 but this sounds like a good reason to stay one more day. I’m looking forward to further details.

15. Sandy - winnieatepooh says:

Darn it! That is my last night in WDW and my fiance and I have reservations at ‘Ohana & a standing fireworks date with MK that night! BOOOOO! :( So upset I will be missing it! If I had my way I would extend my vacation one day ;)

16. Carolyn says:

Any idea when we’ll be able to reserve this? Not that I don’t check DFB multiple times daily!

17. Michelle says:

Sounds like soooo much fun……….wish we were plaaning
    a WDW vacation for this year! If you do it again next year –
    count us in!!!!

18. JoAnn says:

I wish I could be there for that. You need to plan something for the last weekend of the festival. That’s when I usually go. Just saying. :-)

19. Kristina says:

This looks awesome. Wish I could go to WDW in October….one day….but not this year.

*sobs in silence*

20. Galloping Gourmand says:

Ugh! I’ll be there the week before.

21. Shayne says:

Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!! This fits perfectly into our plans. I cannot wait!!

22. Sandra says:

We will be there on that date, hoping to get tickets!!

23. Chris Walsh says:

$50-$60!!!! Oh man! That would be awesome!!!

24. Heather Louise says:

This is going to be during our very first WDW trip, but we are suppose to be at HS that day. So much to do so little time!!!!!

25. Melissa says:

This sounds fabulous and I my family is on board.
    Will there be wine? Because that would make it perfect!

Melissa — Sadly, no wine. :-( Just plenty of treats! :-)

27. James (Disneynorth) says:

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! We attended last year and it was a great event. AJ is a fantastic host. I just regret eating at Akershus earlier in the evening, as i was too full and didn’t get to have so many desserts.

28. Meriwyn says:

OMG make it a week later so I can attend! :(

Hehe sounds like a great event!!

29. Dana says:

This sounds fabulous! When will you be able to buy tickets? Do you have an idea?

30. Josef says:

AJ,

We so much enjoyed last years event and wanted to join everyone this year.
    However, we’re going to be ending our vacation at the Mouse on that Wednesday.
    We’ll miss you and all of the fun folks that will be there.
    Hopefully, our plans will match up in 2013.

Thanks

Josef & Fran

Josef & Fran — You’ll be missed at the event this year, but I’m hoping to have one or two other events earlier in the week. Hopefully I’ll be able to see you at one of those! I’ll be posting about them on the blog soon.

32. Beth says:

SOunds like a blast! When will tickets be on sale? Price? Thanks and have a magical day! Beth :)

Beth — Tickets will be for sale in the next few weeks, and price will be around $50-60 per person depending on the menu.

34. Emily says:

Oh, I could TOTALLY eat $50-$60 worth of sweets! I might just have to go!

35. Joanne says:

Darn it a Birthday Party for me and we will be
    there and gone.

36. Nora says:

AJ, I bought my ticket already, and changed my hotel reservations to go that week instead of the first week of November as originally planned. So what else is going on during Foodie Fest?

Looking forward to enjoying Snack Attack for the second time! :)

Nora

37. Kris B says:

I can’t believe we will miss this by 6 days!! We arrive at WDW on 10/9!!