The Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler — which made its limited-time debut at the park over the holiday season — is returning for another run this spring from April 12-22, 2019!
The Tasting Sampler — which is available for sale NOW — costs $50 and includes two digital value cards: one $50 card that can be used at over 40 outdoor food and beverage locations throughout the park (and does not expire), and a bonus $10 card that can be used at the following quick-service restaurants after 5pm from April 12-22, 2019: Restaurantosaurus, Pizzafari and Pizzafari Family-Style Dining, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Satu’li Canteen. (You’ll find instructions for purchasing at the end of this post.)
Part of the fun of the Tasting Sampler availability is the addition of LOTS of extra treats and eats throughout the park!
And note that these are available for any guests to purchase, whether you elect to buy the Tasting Sampler or not. We were quite impressed with the offerings during the last Tasting Sampler run, so we’re glad to know that some of the items will be returning, along with new additions to try!
Here is a list of participating locations and their menu items:
Kusafiri Bakery (Africa)
- Chicken Curry
- Shrimp Curry
- Chicken & Shrimp Curry
Caravan Road (Asia)
- Tuna Tataki Bowl
- Pork Bao
Mr. Kamal’s (Asia)
- Fried Chicken Dumplings
- Kamal’s Fries with Dipping Sauces
Trilobites (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae
Dino-Bite Snacks (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich
Terra Treats (Discovery Island)
- Tomato and Cheese Pizza
- Meatball Slider on Focaccia Roll
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza
Smiling Crocodile (Discovery Island)
- House-smoked Pastrami Slider
- Pulled Pork Street Tacos
- Chips and Queso
Additional Participating Carts and Kiosks Africa
- Mahindi (popcorn, glazed nuts, beer)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Pineapple Dole Whip Cup, ice cream treats, beer)
- Dawa Bar (specialty beverages, cocktails, beer)
- Harambe Fruit Market (fruit, pretzels, grilled corn)
- Warung Outpost (pretzels, chips, margaritas)
- Drinkwallah (nuts, chips, frozen beverages)
- Chakranadi (pretzels, nuts, beer, fountain beverages)
- Anandapur Ice Cream Treats (soft-serve ice cream treats, fountain beverages)
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks (popcorn, ice cream treats, pretzels, cocktails, beer)
- Snack Cart near UP! A Great Bird Adventure (ice cream treats)
- Dino Diner (chili cheese dog, corn chip pie, churros, beer)
- Corn-ivores (popcorn, bottled beverages)
- Feeding Ground (popcorn, frozen lemonade, beer)
- Eight Spoon Café (macaroni and cheese with pulled pork or shrimp, pretzels)
- Isle of Java (coffee, pastries, chocolate donut holes)
- Snack Cart near Tiffins Restaurant (all-beef hot dogs, ice cream treats)
Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Pongu Pongu (pretzels, pineapple lumpia, specialty beverages)
- Beverage Cart near Pongu Pongu (chips, bottled beverages)
- Ice Cream Carts (ice cream treats, bottled beverages)
How to Purchase the Tasting Sampler
Disney provides the following instructions and website for purchasing the Tasting Sampler: “Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler can be purchased through April 22, 2019 at noon and can be used at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park during regular operating hours. When you purchase the sampler, you’ll receive an email for each digital value card. Each email will have a barcode that can be added to your digital wallet on your mobile phone and scanned at most food and beverage locations throughout the park. For a full list of participating locations and menu offerings, visit any food and beverage location at the park. To purchase, visit Offers.Disney.com and use the code DAKDINEBONUS.”
Note that Disney also provides the following information:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler $50 digital value card can only be redeemed at the participating locations indicated on the Tasting Sampler map, which will be available at any participating food and beverage location in the park. It cannot be used at Table-Service Restaurants or Quick-Service Restaurants and does not expire.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 5pm Quick Service Bonus $10 digital value card may only be redeemed at the five locations above and is not valid for use after April 22, 2019.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please keep a valid form of identification on hand at all times to verify your age.
- All menu items and event experiences are subject to change without notice.
- $50 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler and the $10 Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 5 Quick Service Bonus are separate products and cannot be combined.
Will you be participating in the Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler? Please let us know with a comment!