Disney World has extended their popular Fantasmic! Dining Packages into the lunch hours! Lunch packages with reserved seating at the show are now available at The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. Here are the details:
- Packages can be booked on all dates when Fantasmic! is scheduled
- Guests should arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the show time to take advantage of their designated seating
- When there are two performances on the same night, the package is valid for the first performance only
- Make reservations by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) up to 180 days in advance
- Don’t forget to pick up your VIP voucher for Fantasmic! at the end of the meal
Source: Disney Parks Blog
I just made an ADR for one of these in December. We’re going to Mama Melrose. I tried to get Hollywood & Vine but it was completely full (this at 7:45 on the day I could make the reservation. Oy).
The only problem is that it’s at 2:45 which is a little late for lunch if you have small kids, but we’ll just have a late breakfast that day. I think this is a good solution for parents who are hesitant to take kids out for dinner at a sit-down place. I know mine sometimes start to get cranky that time of day if they’re not running around so this is a good option.
Chris — Great point on the cranky kids front — late lunch is a bit easier than dinner sometimes, I’d imagine. It might also be a slow time at the restaurant, so the kids can go explore… Something I really liked about MM the last time I was there was the table-side interaction from streetmosphere characters. Very cool.