While construction continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, we were thrilled this week to share a first look at the refurbished Captain Cook’s. Find out what new entrees we tried!
Click below for all the details on this week’s Disney Food News!
Disney Food News
- Take a photo tour of the newly reopened Captain Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World!
- Plan ahead for New Year’s Eve in Disney World.
- Celebrate the Great Irish Hooley at Disney World’s Raglan Road.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, New Dessert at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (it sounds so good!), and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Red. Velvet. Cake. That’s right! Today, we’re sharing photos of Red Velvet goodies from Disney World.
Facebook Friend Akemi enticed our appetites with this gorgeous photo of Red Velvet Cake at Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney Orlando.
If you’re looking for a counter-service dessert, one of our favorites — the Red Velvet Cupcake from the Contempo Cafe — was shared by Facebook Friend Marion.
What’s your Favorite Find? Send it in!
DFB Guidebooks Back to School Sale!!
Take a look at our Back to School Special — available now through Sunday, August 24th!! For a limited time, you can enjoy $5 off of our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 by using code School2014!
And you can scroll down to the end of this section for details on even more savings!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014
Our fully guaranteed, comprehensive e-Book offers more than 450 full-color pages to help you plan your very best Disney World trip ever!
With reviews, tips, expert advice, and hundreds of color photographs, you’ll get the biggest bang for your planning buck! And our handy e-Book format has been completely updated for your 2014-15 Disney World vacation.
Inside the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014, you’ll find:
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you start the planning process. There are hundreds of dining options in Disney World. These examples, which highlight particular theme parks, touring styles, and dietary needs, will help you get an idea of what a perfect dining day might look like for you and your family.
- A full chapter on discounts to apply to your Disney Dining experiences.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. Disney Food Blog readers asked for this feature, and we were happy to make it happen! An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, we devote a whole index to the topic. Every single bar and lounge in Disney World is covered — and includes a review!
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ affect your vacation planning.
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates to pass the time while you’re waiting in line.
- Disney Food Bingo Cards — a whole new way to play with your Disney food!
- Plus SO much more!
The best part? The price is the same for 2014, but we’re offering you this limited time chance to save $5 off the already low cost!
And our convenient PDF format makes taking the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 a snap — download it instantly to your phone and other electronic devices, and go!
Want Even More Savings?
Want MORE bang for your buck?!? You’ll enjoy a savings of more than 40% when you bundle ALL of our popular Disney World guides. And during our Back to School Sale, you can take an extra $5 off our already low price with code Everything2014.
The DFB Guide Everything Bundle includes all of the following:
- PLUS PRE-ORDER The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Holidays, updated for 2014 and due for release in late October (You’ll get the 2013 Guides FREE, immediately upon purchase!),
- AND our DFB Dining Adventures Guide!
Don’t forget — all of our e-Books are created to be read on your computer, smartphone, AND tablet; and they all have a 30-day, money-back guarantee!
Find out more about the DFB Everything Bundle here! And use code Everything2014 for an extra $5 off the already 40% off price!
All Disney Food Blog Dining e-Books are protected by a 30-day, money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose!
For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Guidebooks, head over to the DFB Store!
With a 100% money-back guarantee on all of our guides, you have nothing to lose! 🙂
On to the Round-Up!
goes back to school with a Chewbacca Lunch Bag.
DisZine highlights Disney Cruise Line’s holiday celebrations, including Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.
All Ears visits Turf Club for dinner at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.
Yesterland reminisces about the history of the hexagon seating at Paradise Garden Grill.
Disney Hipster stops by Harambe Fruit Market in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.