Get ready for another festive Irish celebration at Raglan Road Irish Pub!
The popular restaurant is gearing up for host their 3rd Annual Great Irish Hooley August 29 through September 1 at Disney World’s Downtown Disney.
Come out over Labor Day Weekend and enjoy lots of Irish Hospitality. From music to dancing to FOOD, we have the details!
3rd Annual Great Irish Hooley at Raglan Road
A “Hooley” is a traditional Irish celebration, and Raglan Road is doing their part to bring this taste of the Emerald Isle to Central Florida!
The family-friendly party will include Irish music in many varied styles, interactive fun for the whole family, and, of course, great eats!
If it’s music you’re looking forward to, there will be lots to choose from.
- Scythian is a headliner on the Celtic festival circuit. They’ll play selections from their fan-funded album, “Jump at the Sun,” available this month!
- The Raglan Rebels are rising stars in Ireland. Enjoy their music, which combines the traditional with modern songs and ballads.
- Drops of Green, is a new ballad group from Ireland. We can’t wait to hear what they bring!
- Raglan Road regulars will recognize The Brayzen Heads a popular duo on guitar and banjo who play at the pub regularly.
- The West Coast Trio hail from Connemara, and play traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute, and guitar. Grab a partner; you’re going to want to dance!
If it’s dancing you’re after, you’re covered there, too! The whole family can participate in dance workshops, “From Our Roots to Riverdance,” led by famed Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack, who was part of the original Riverdance cast.
Then, put to practice what you’ve just learned by participating in a Ceili (pronounced kay-lee) — structured dance sets, led by the amazing Raglan Road Dancers.
Celtic face painting will be available Saturday through Monday as well!
For more details on the entertainment schedule, pop over to the Raglan Road Events page!
A Knight’s Brunch — and More
Raglan Road’s regular menu will be available throughout the Hooley. So be sure to stop by and dine on your favorite Fish and Chips (available in a Gluten-Free version as well) or Shepherd’s Pie.
But if you are a University of Central Florida or Penn State fan, you just might want to mark your calendar for Saturday, August 30, at 8:30 a.m., when Raglan Road will present A Knight’s Brunch!
The event commemorates the Croke Park Classic — the season opener for both teams — which will be played in Dublin!
So if 8:30 isn’t too early to watch football for you, we suggest that you grab a table at Raglan Road, enjoy one of their amazing Bloody Marys and a hearty selection from their brunch menu — and enjoy the game.
The dining room will be decked out in Knights’ colors and decorations (they are the home team, after all). Face painters will be on hand to offer UCF emblems (plus a few other options). And big screen televisions will carry all of the action live!
Sounds like a GREAT way to bid farewell to summer, yes?
Will you be taking part in the 3rd Annual Irish Hooley at Raglan Road? Leave a comment and tell us what you’re most excited about!