Have you ever seen a more beautiful cookie in your life?
Just this picture is enough to leave us in a puddle of drool. Just in time for the holidays, we have the recipe for these Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!
The absolute highlight of these cookies are the chocolate chips. These aren’t just any, regular chocolate chips. These are 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips, PERFECT for dark chocolate recipes. This recipe will make 36 of these glorious delights.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag (10 ounces) of 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips (divided)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat until browned.
- In a large bowl, add 3/4 cups chocolate chips. Pour the browned butter over the chips and mix until melted.
- In the large bowl, with the melted butter and chocolate chips, add both the granulated and brown sugar, the vanilla, and the salt. Stir.
- Add eggs one at a time to the wet mixture.
- Fold in dry ingredient until just combined, and stir in remaining chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on to parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are firm but the center is still soft.
- Cook cookies on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
We hope you enjoy these rich, dark chocolate chip cookies!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Did you try this recipe? How did your cookies turn out? Tell us in the comments!