Hang these DIY Phineas and Ferb-inspired signs on your door to let your siblings know who’s really in charge!
As Phineas would say “I know what we’re gonna do today!” Inspired by Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe streaming on Disney+, these doorknob signs are a fun and easy activity the whole family can join in on!
Use any combo of colored paper and ribbons that you like in this DIY door hanger craft!
- Template for “Girls Only” Doorknob Hanger
- Scrapbook paper or colored craft paper
- Glue stick
- Black, brown, and red fine-tipped markers or colored pencils
- 9- by 4-inch piece of cardstock
- Self-adhesive laminating sheet (sold at office supply stores)
- Paper hole punch
- Print out the template and use it to cut out pieces from the specified colors of craft paper.
- Fit and glue the head into the slot in the hairpiece.
- Use the marker to draw a pupil and a solid eyelash line on each eye, as shown.
- Glue the eyes onto the face and then draw on a nose, a grin, and a chin dimple, as shown. You can also add a couple of small wave lines to the hair at the top of the head.
- Use markers or pencils to color a brown belt on the skirt and red socks on the shoes, as shown.
- Glue the skirt to the bottom of the blouse. Then glue on the arms, positioning one shoulder behind the blouse, the other in front of it, and both hands are on the hips.
- Glue the body to the head.
- Glue the feet to the bottom of the legs. Then glue the tops of the legs to the back of the lower skirt.
- To make a doorknob sign, glue the completed Candace onto the cardstock rectangle. Then add the message “Girls Only!” You can simply use the words from the template or your child can print them on herself. Seal the sign with a laminate sheet to protect it from tearing or getting dirty. Then punch a pair of holes in the top and thread a piece of ribbon (long enough to loop over a doorknob) through them. Knot the ribbon ends, and the sign is ready to use!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making these Phineas and Ferb-themed doorknob signs? Let us know in the comments!