The Disney Villains are evil, there’s no doubt about that, but they inspire some delicious food!
In the past, we’ve seen treats like the Maleficent Cone and the Hades Nachos at Magic Kingdom’s Villains After Hours Party, a Cruella-inspired ice cream sandwich to celebrate her new movie, and even a Poisoned Apple cocktail around Halloween! But now, you can make your own evil eats and treats with a new Disney Villains cookbook coming out soon! And we have a sneak peek at some sinister recipes!
The Disney Villains Devilishly Delicious Cookbook is like if our favorite evil characters matched food to their personalities! It was written by Julie Tremaine (do you think there’s any relation to a certain evil stepmother?) and has over 50 recipes for you to try at home!
Good Morning America showed a sneak peek at a few of the sinister creations before the book goes on sale! There’s the Evil Cream Horns which have a beautiful purple filing à la Maleficent, the Mistress of Evil.
The recipe is simple enough, and hopefully won’t curse you into a deep sleep that can only be broken by true love’s kiss!
Then there’s the Dalmatian Pancakes with Strawberry Compote which are obviously inspired by those precious puppies Cruella wants to get her hands on!
Check out the full recipe to channel your inner evil fashionista:
Dalmatian Pancakes with Strawberry Compote
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 pancakes
For the strawberry compote:
- 1 pound strawberries 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare the strawberry compote. Wash and chop the strawberries, discarding stems and hulls of the fruit. Combine fruit with remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes, until the fruit has softened and the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pancakes. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. O! the burner, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Drop batter by a 1/4-cup measuring cup into the pan, being careful not to crowd the pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown and bubbles rise to the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate tented with aluminum foil to keep pancakes warm. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve topped with strawberry compote and, if desired, additional white and milk chocolate chips.
There’s also a fabulous- oops! We mean Crabulous Crab Dip that will definitely have our pal Sebastian hiding under the sea!
If you want to feed some poor unfortunate souls, here’s the full recipe:
Crabulous Crab Dip
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Makes: 10
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove crab from its container and rinse well. Allow to drain. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a medium baking dish, and garnish with cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top has browned and the mixture is bubbling. Serve with crackers or crostini.
Nutritious Tip: Serve the dip with a big platter of veggies, including carrots, celery, broccoli and bell peppers.
These recipes may be inspired by evil, but evil sure looks tasty! If you want to get a copy of the Disney Villains Devilishly Delicious Cookbook you can pre-order it now on Amazon for $17.99! The book will be officially released on July 20th. As always, stay tuned to DFB for more Disney news and updates!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Which villain do you think will have the BEST recipes? Let us know in the comments!