Jiko — The Cooking Place is, hands-down, one of the most romantic and delicious restaurants on Disney World property. We can highly recommend this one if you enjoy excellent, gourmet food and a lovely and tranquil atmosphere.
Sharing tastes of Africa with a special Jiko flourish, this restaurant doesn’t offer a great view or any characters, but it does offer truly beautiful food — and the Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna is right outside…
Service: Table Service, Signature Dining
Type of Food: Gourmet African cuisine
Location: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House
Disney Dining Plan: Yes, 2 table service credits
Tables in Wonderland: Yes (Please Note: Tables in Wonderland is currently suspended.)
The menu includes vegan, vegetarian and meat-based dishes that change seasonally.
Guest Review: New Jiko Wine Tasting
Disney Food Blog Review: Jiko… A Cooking Place Review
Disney Food Blog Review: Jiko at Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Guest Review: Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Walt Disney World
Disney Food Blog Review: Jiko — A Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney Food Blog Review: Dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jiko
PHOTOS: An EXCLUSIVE Drink Has Been Hiding in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
FIRST LOOK: Jiko Has Finally Reopened in Disney World!
Disney Food Blog REVIEW: It Takes an ADVENTUROUS Eater to Try This Disney World Restaurant! Are You Up for It?
- Jiko’s special Wine Room occasionally hosts dinners where guests can interact with Jiko chefs.
- Jiko has a couple of tables lining a single side booth. These can be short on elbow room and romance. Consider requesting a stand-alone table and avoid the bother of too-close neighbors.
- Jiko is designed to represent a nature scene, and many of the elements are considered “lucky” in African cultures. Watch the colors of the sunset change on the back wall throughout your dinner.
- Jiko offers Mobile Dine Check-In.
- You may find last-minute availability for Jiko on the Mobile Dine Walk-up Waitlist.
Famous Dishes: Filet Mignon with macaroni and cheese, braised Short Ribs, the Bread Service, Seared Scallops
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Jiko