If you are looking for a real hair-raising experience at Walt Disney World, adults and kids have a number of options that don’t involve roller coasters or spooky rides. Check out these locations that are a cut above your everyday hair salon where kids and adults can get a Magical Makeover!
When you are in the Magic Kingdom, just look for the red and white striped Barber Pole on Main Street and you will find an authentic Victorian barber shop complete with old fashioned barber chairs and décor.
For around $20, you can get a hair cut, beard or mustache trim. If you want an eye-catching Disney-do, a colorful not-so-hidden Mickey can be applied to your hair with gel and glitter (that’s pixie dust!) for an additional charge.
A child’s first hair cut can become a magical memory at the Harmony Barber Shop. For just $25, this special milestone can be commemorated with a cute certificate and Mickey Ears stitched with “First Haircut.” They even wrap up your child’s locks of hair along with some pixie dust for prosperity.
You can book a haircut 60 days in advance via the Walt Disney World website. They are open seven days a week and reservations are strongly suggested. (Note that $10 charge will apply for no-shows or cancellations within one day of your reservation.)
The least busy times are early in the day or during an afternoon Parade. If you’re lucky, the Dapper Dans, a barbershop quartet, will stop by to harmonize while you are there!
The ultimate Royal makeover awaits your special Princess or Brave Knight in Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom or in the Disney Springs Marketplace. Watch as your little one is magically transformed into Disney Royalty with the help of their very own Fairy Godmother-in-Training.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is extremely popular and reservations are strongly advised. Call (407) WDW-STYLE or (407) 939-7895 OR visit the Walt Disney World website (click here for the Disney Springs location and click here for the Magic Kingdom location) at least 60 days in advance for reservations and details.
Children (age 3 – 12 years old) must have clean, untangled hair, clean nails and bring their own hair brush. You can choose from three hair styles: Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva, or Pop Princess.
Once you decide on a hair style, you can select a make-over package for your child:
- The Crown Package: Starting at $74.95 plus tax, including hair styling, shimmering make-up and face gem, Princess sash and cinch sack and Nail polish.
- The Carriage Package: Starting at $99.95 plus tax, including everything from the Crown Package plus a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt.
- The Courtyard Package: Starting at $149.95 plus tax, including everything in the Crown Package plus a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt and a Trendy tutu.
- The Castle Package: Starting at $199.95 plus tax, including everything in the Crown Package plus a Disney Princess Gown of your choices (shoes not included) and additional accessories to match.
- The Deluxe Castle Package: Starting at $229.95 plus tax, including everything in the Crown Package plus a Princess necklace, a Deluxe Disney Princess Gown of your choice from a limited selection (shoes not included), and Coordinating boxed accessory set.
- The Princess Signature Dress Collection: Starting at $450.00 plus tax, including hair styling, shimmering make-up and face gem, Princess sash and cinch sack, nail polish, Disney Princess gown made with heirloom-quality fabrics and intricate design details that tell the story of the Princess, high-quality crystal tiara with box, organza garment bag, and satin hanger.
- The Disney Frozen Crown Package: Starting at $119.95 plus tax, including Anna or Elsa hairstyling with braided hairpiece, sparkling snowflake hair accessories, shimmering make-up and face gem, Princess sash and cinch sack, nail polish, and 12-inch Olaf plush toy.
- The Disney Frozen Package: Starting at $179.95 plus tax, including everything from the Frozen Crown Package, plus an Anna or Elsa dress.
- The Knight Package: $19.95 plus tax includes hair styling with gel, mighty sword and shield, and confetti.
- The Deluxe Knight Package: $79.95 plus tax includes Knight Costume, hair styling with gel, mighty sword and shield, and confetti.
Walt Disney World Resort Hair Services
There is also a full range of adult salon offerings including haircuts, colors, up-dos, facials, manicures and pedicures at these Disney Resorts: Coronado Springs (La Vida Salon), Yacht and Beach Club (Ship Shape Salon), Wilderness Lodge (Salon by the Springs) and Grand Floridian (Senses — A Disney Spa). Call 407-WDW-SPAS.
Disney Character Couture Makeover
Have you always dreamed of being transformed into your favorite Disney character? Well, if you’re Disney bound, your wish can be granted with a custom make-over at Disney Character Couture located at the salons listed in the paragraph above.
Kids and adults can choose from three makeover packages:
- Storybook Style – Hairstyle including optional glitter and/or tiara.
- Magical Makeover – Classic inspired hairstyle and makeup.
- Timeless Transformation – Character inspired hairstyle, makeup, and nails (not a full manicure – polish only.).
Makeup application only includes eyes and lips. It does not include face makeup so, bring your own foundation or apply before you arrive. Guests can bring their own character inspired outfits to complete their Disney look. Makeover prices range from $50.00 – $90.00 for a child (age 4 – 12), and $80.00 – $120.00 for adults. Call 407-939-7727 to book an appointment. Get ready for a magical hair day!
A unique souvenir from your Disney vacation to wear home is a hair wrap. Similar to hair braiding, brightly colored floss is wound around individual sections of hair to create a rainbow-like pattern. Beads, shells, etc. can be added for a unique look.
You can find hair wrap stations at most Disney resort pools and water parks including Pop Century, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, BoardWalk, Grand Floridian, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.
If you have time to get your hair wrapped at a theme park, look for a booth in Adventureland near the Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom as well as Island Mercantile on Discovery Island in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. For the most up-to-date info on where to find hair wraps, ask the concierge in your resort lobby for current locations.
Whether you’re having a good or bad hair day, it’s always the perfect day to go to Walt Disney World!