Whew, what a week!!
More details surfaced about the Market House Starbucks overhaul in Disneyland! We now know that Market House on Main Street USA will be closing next month. BUT…the awesome 1890’s phone and party line conversation will remain.
I love that piece of Imagineering and am SO glad it will be preserved in the new Starbucks location!
But there’s more news to share…
Disney Food News
Let’s review the food news from Disney this past week!
- Don’t forget that all sale items at DisneyStore.com are further discounted this weekend! Details here!
- We’re keeping tabs on the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival and the Eat to the Beat Concerts! Find out details here!
- There’s a new South African Quinoa Salad at Animal Kingdom’s Tamu Tamu Refreshments.
- Join us at the Disney Food Blog VIP Illuminations Dessert Party on April 8th!
- Check out the new Peach Cobbler at Epcot’s Liberty Inn.
- The Fantasmic Picnic Package is back for a limited time in March and April!
- As we reported earlier, Starbucks will be added to the Market House in Disneyland. The Market House will close in April and re-open in the fall, expanding into the Disneyana area (which will be moved) and keeping some familiar decor!
- Are you headed to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival this year? Be sure to check out our FULL REVIEW of the brand new Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Food and Beverage Marketplaces! See pictures of every single food item and plan ahead!
We’ve got additional food news, including restaurant closures, New Beverage Seminars on the Disney Fantasy, Wolfgang Puck Cafe Menu Update, Easter Dinner at Fulton’s Crab House, and LOTS more, on our Disney Food News Pin Board! Head over and check it out!
DFB Reader Finds
Today, we bring two totally rad photos that Reader Susan P. sent to us via email!
What happens when ‘Ohana runs out of pineapples? You’ll MAY have the option of enjoying a Lapu Lapu in a cantaloupe!
On the same trip, Susan also ordered a custom cake…that was AWESOME! “I ordered for my sister to surprise her with a cruise on DCL. I had it delivered to Le Cellier from Yacht and Beach Club Bakery. It was amazing!”
Headed to Disney World in 2013?
Don’t forget to pick up your copy of our critically acclaimed DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 e-Book!
This must-have guide has over 400 pages of experience-based advice and information as well as hundreds of full-color photos. It’s perfect for long-time Disney World fans AND those headed to the parks for the first time this year!
Don’t get stranded without a plan. Pick up your copy for $4 off using code 2013 TODAY! With a 30-day money-back guarantee, you’ve got nothing to lose. 🙂
Bundle for SAVINGS!
Want even more savings? Bundle three of our time-tested guides into one purchase to get even more great Disney Dining information and photos. With our popular DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle, you’ll get our DFB Guide 2013 Edition along with our DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks AND our DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks for a significant discount!
“Let the Memories Begin!”
On to the Round-Up!
knows has the 411 on where to find bacon…
Cake Wrecks highlights hilarious cakes gone wrong. Check out the really bad Mickey creation, which I thought was Simba! 😉
Daveland has some awesome pics of Dapper Days at Club 33 in Disneyland.
Main St. Gazette reviews the Guava Twist at Art of Animation Resort!
Passport to Dreams Old & New has a pic of Aunt Polly’s on WDW’s Tom Sawyer Island when it was actually serving!
Sugar Sweet Cakes and Treats shares an awesome Mad Hatter Cake Tutorial — good for an adult or a kid party depending on how you decorate!
All Ears shares eats enjoyed during the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.
Campaign Asia highlights Hong Kong Disneyland’s Monster Style Cookie Making Class.