Coming Soon! Gusto Wine Bar in Epcot’s Italy!

We have some exciting updates on the renovations taking place in Epcot’s Italy right now! A brand new wine bar is coming to town, and we have some details on what Tutto Italia will be like when it comes out of renovations!

Gusto Wine Bar

Gusto Wine Bar will be unveiled April 28th. This will be a brand new entity created next to the restaurant. The look and feel will be reminiscent of an ancient Italian wine cellar, complete with stone walls and floors and exposed brick arches throughout. The space will feel as though it’s underground, with a dark atmosphere, wooden furniture, and wine barrels supporting the bar counter!

The best part? There will also be a “dining area” with vaulted ceilings, glass wine container, and a large fireplace! (Our guess is that only appetizers and “tapas” will be served here — much like in La Cava del Tequila in Epcot’s Mexico…but that’s just a guess!)

Tutto Italia Refurbishment Updates

As you know, Italy’s Tutto Italia is currently closed for refurbishments. When the restaurant is unveiled again on April 28th, Tutto Italia will retain the original murals, coffered ceiling, and wooden/glass doors it currently has; however, guests will be treated to an entirely new facade for the buildings housing the restaurant!

Dining Room

Additionally, Tutto will sport all-new carpet, furniture, decor, and lighting. Guests will also see a difference in the restaurant’s entrance and outdoor patio!

There’s lots to anticipate over the next few months! Can’t wait to try out that new wine bar!

1. Norma says

Do you know, will the menu remain the same? I based my ADR on their current menu but if it’ll be drastically changing there are other places I’d rather try.

2. Heather says

Tutto is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW I hope it doesn’t change too much. I’m glad they are keeping the interior almost the same because it is one of the great memories I have from childhood trips–when they used to have musicians wandering the floor.

3. Frank Stefanec says

Hadn’t been in a long time. Went with friends a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised.
    Wine bar should be interesting. Looking forward to trying that out.

4. Alan says

The restaurant and bar news is coming fast and furious. It seems like a new place or news of one is being reported on every few days. If you love this blog and Disney food and drink, this is a great time!

5. Galloping Gourmand says

A wine bar is just the thing that will get me to break me Italian food embargo at WDW. However I wonder just what the selection of wines will be. Is Disney constrained by Sponsorship deals? Will they only stock wine from groups that cut a deal?

I’m an intrigued skeptic here. The tequila bar worked out fabulously even though there were some restraints in getting a real huge selection of brands. I hope for a similar result here.

JoAnn and Theresa — I’m with you guys! Hopefully we can all go together sometime! :-)

Heather — Aw, that’s awesome!! What fun memories!

Frank — Thanks for the review! I look forward to hearing what you think about Gusto!

Alan — I know!! So exciting! Apparently January is alcohol month for Disney news!

GG — Woo!! Always like hearing that you’re headed back to a restaurant you haven’t been to for a while, whatever the reason. Great question on sponsorship deals. I know from speaking with folks at some of the resort restaurants that Disney usually buys enough of their chosen spirit to get a deal regardless, but for small spots like this, I wonder…

7. Marguerite says

Anything WDW can do to increase the dining and libation options in the parks is tops with me. We senior citizens need all the non-attraction distractions the World can supply. The changes made at Epcot Italy in the past two years are tops. In my opinion Italy is now the place to gather our group at the end of the hectic day.(I had hoped Canada was installing an additional dining spot during the recent facelift…a Cheddar Cheese Soup quick stop!)

8. Shayne says

This is so exciting!! I can’t wait to try it out in October. I too hope they don’t make great big changes to the Tutto Italia menu. Or, if they must, I hope they keep the lasagna al forno — it was to die for!

So what happens to the Tutto Italia CMs during the refurb? Do they lose their jobs?

Marguerite — Would love a cheddar cheese soup quick stop!

Shayne — I’ll bet they just re-distribute those CMs throughout Italy and other Epcot jobs…

10. Wendy says

We had a bad experience at Tutto (really bad), so I’ll probably never go back. But I’ll give the wine bar a try! We’ll be there in the middle of May.