Happy Sunday! We hope you’re having a great weekend! Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and catch up on all the Disney food news from the week!
It has been an exciting week full of news for the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival including the grand launch of the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-book! You can order your copy today for 20% off the cover price with the code Chefs16!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- The full booth menus were released for the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We have all the details on the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival culinary demos and beverage seminars!
- The schedule for the new Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! workshops have been released for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- The full list of performers for the 2016 Eat to the Beat concerts series was announced!
- Frontera Cocina is now open at Disney Springs and we just had to check it out!
- Figaro Fries have returned as ‘Loaded Plaza Fries’ at The Plaza Restaurant!
- Disney Early Morning Magic is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in August.
- We have updates on early booking for some events at the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We checked out Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine!
- PizzeRizzo has been announced for Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- The Coca-Cola Store Orlando opened at Disney Springs and we review the rooftop bar!
- The Polite Pig is slated to open at Disney Springs in the spring of 2017!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
We are huge cupcake fans here at DFB and were so excited when Sprinkles opened in Downtown Disney! We just can’t get enough of their delicious cupcakes! DFB reader Keri Moliterno had a chance to enjoy a seasonal cupcake: lemon and wild blueberries with lemon cream cheese frosting. YUM!
One of our must-have snacks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the Carrot Cake Cookie (now available at Sweet Spells). DFB reader Courtney Embry shared her cookie with us recently (OK…just a photo of the cookie) and declared it “carrot cake happiness.” We agree!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
DFB Readers #OnTheList Suggestions
As part of our new #OnTheList series we’ll be sharing weekly some of our readers’ suggestions for what they would add to the Disney Food bucket list!
— Matt Maybray (@MattMaybray) January 17, 2016
Check out our #OnTheList page to see what’s on OUR Disney Food Bucket List!
Deal of the Week: 20% Off the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival with code Chefs16
With more than 250 pages of new information for 2016, the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival has everything covered to ensure that you have your absolute best Food and Wine Festival yet! And to celebrate our grand launch, we’re offering 20% off the cover price! Just use discount code Chefs16 at check-out to secure your savings!
The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book features all the info you need to know about this year’s events, from what’s NEW, to brand new touring strategies — created with this year’s special events in mind!
The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food & Wine Festival includes customized bonus items that surpass any other Food & Wine Festival coverage that’s out there. These include:
- A full, daily schedule of events for every day of the festival — this is the only place you’ll find this schedule anywhere!
- A printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist that you can use to plan, and easily bring with you to the festival
- Themed World Showcase booth crawls, including “Fun Eats for the Kids,” the “Carnivore Crawl,” the “Continent Crawl,” and so many more!
- Food and Wine Festival customized Touring Strategies for One Day visits, Budget-Conscious visits, and even one to celebrate the TV Show The Chew!
- A chapter dedicated to all “New for 2016″ events, menu items, booths, and more
- Full food, wine, beer, winery, cocktail, and chef indexes, including dates and locations of where you can find your favorites
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival recipes
- Top tips on how to use MyMagic+ and the Disney Dining Plan at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- And more!
Whether this is your first festival or your 21st, you’ll appreciate knowing what you are getting before spending time and vacation dollars. And no matter what you want do — sample wine, explore the world’s beers, taste something you’ve never tried before, or find your next favorite dessert — The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is the perfect resource for navigating the biggest Epcot Food and Wine Festival ever.
And we’re so excited to share it with you that in celebration of the grand launch, we’re offering 20% off the purchase price! Order your copy now for only $11.96 (regularly $14.95). To secure the discount, use code Chefs16 at the check-out.
On to the Round-Up!
found this adorable Mew-Bacca Coffee Mug.
WDW For Grownups shared their favorite quick service restaurants at Disney World!
Dole shared a recipe for Dole Whip Cake! We must make this!
Disney Parks Blog showed us how to make ‘Finding Dory’ candy apples!
OhMyDisney shared a really hard quiz: “guess the movie from the food scene.”
Babble showed us some amazing food art!
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!