Just a few days ago we shared with you the update that the Disney Dining Plans have undergone a price increase; and now details for 2014 Disney Dining Plans are starting to emerge!
We’re not seeing TOO many changes so far in the 2014 plans, but a few updates may affect your plans. Take a look!
2014 Quick-Service Disney Dining Plan Changes
Disney has added a few new restaurants to the plan for 2014, and some meals at select locations are no longer available for a DDP credit:
New Disney Dining Plan Restaurants
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill, Grand Floridian (lunch) — this location has a brand new menu this year!
Fountainview, Epcot (breakfast) — this will be re-opening as a Starbucks location later in 2013.
Note that these changes may be due to tweaks to a restaurant’s menu and/or operating hours:
- Main Street Bakery (breakfast only, no longer allows lunch or dinner)
- Backstretch Pool Bar, Saratoga Springs (lunch only, no longer allows dinner)
- On the Rocks, Saratoga Springs (lunch only, no longer allows dinner)
- The Paddock Grill, Saratoga Springs (breakfast and lunch only, no longer allows dinner)
See more info about these changes on our Disney Quick Service Dining Plan page.
2014 Platinum Disney Dining Plan Changes
Here’s what’s been updated in the Platinum Dining Plan for 2014:
- Reserved seating at Fantasmic! is no longer included.
- Bike rentals have been reduced from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
- Guests can now choose any massage and facial of their choice for the included spa treatments.
- Richard Petty Experience now includes a Junior Ride-Along opportunity for kids 6-13 years old!
- Characters in Flight is now offered.
- Epcot Segway Tour is no longer offered.
Read more about the Platinum Dining Plan here!
Updates to Cancellation Dates
Note that for 2014, the package cancellation policy has changed. If a guest cancels one day prior to arrival, the total cost is non-refundable!
2014 Disney Dining Plan Restaurants
See an in-progress list of the 2014 Disney Dining Plan Restaurants here.
More Updates to Come
“Why isn’t Restaurant X listed on the plan?!???!?!?”
While some restaurants are already listed on the plans, it’ll take some time before all eateries are finalized. (Usually restaurants not owned by Disney wait until the last minute to re-up their status in the Dining Plan). For instance, you’ll notice the absence of many Downtown Disney restaurants. These (and others) will likely be added throughout the remaining 2013 months.
Our recommendation is to book your Advance Dining Reservations for 2014 based on the 2013 Disney Dining Plan Restaurant list. If, for some reason, a restaurant that you’ve booked does not continue on the Dining Plan in 2014, you can then make other plans.
Stay tuned for more Disney Dining Plan information as it is released. Please understand that this is all subject to change.
Thanks to Sue at Small World Vacations for the heads up!