There’s an iconic dessert in Disneyland that everyone’s got to try at least once. Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue offers giant cookie bakes for dessert, which are amazing; but they also offer a S’mores Bake built for a crowd!
We had a chance to sample this dessert firsthand a while back.
What makes this version of s’mores so fantastic? It takes your indulgence to the next level by making it on a base of Brownies. Brownies.
For ease, this recipe calls for a Brownie Mix to get you started. But you should absolutely feel free to substitute your favorite brownie recipe if you’d like to make the brownies from scratch. Either way, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be awesome.
1 (10.5-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
1 (1-pound) bag large marshmallows
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce, warmed
8 graham crackers
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter per package directions and pour into prepared cake pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
2. Turn oven to broil.
3. Place marshmallows over brownies. Leaving oven door ajar, place marshmallow-topped brownies under broiler 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, watching very closely to avoid burning.
4. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over top of toasted marshmallows.
5. Take half of the graham crackers and break them into planks; crush other half of graham crackers into crumbs.
6. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top of toasted marshmallows, and place graham cracker planks randomly into toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
And, I should add, prepare to be praised.
Will you be making your very own S’mores Bake this weekend? Leave a comment and tell us about it!
Recipe Credit: Disney Parks Blog