Hey all! Well, the Disney Food news this week was expansive, diverse, and dramatic. We saw tons of comments and feedback on the just-announced 2015 Walt Disney World Free Dining offer.
And readers were equally passionate about the news that Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at both Disney California Adventure and Disney World’s Downtown Disney would no longer be offering peanut products. While we will miss their delicious Gold Rush Sundae, many readers with allergy concerns are excited about this new development.
We also saw some much-anticipated news out of Disney’s Animal Kingdom about all the new stuff happening there! Let’s check it out.
Disney Food News
- Ghirardelli has discontinued the use of peanut products in their Walt Disney World and Disneyland locations, as part of a company-wide move toward a peanut-free environment.
- A limited-run test is underway giving guests the option to pre-order food items at Backlot Express and Fantasmic concessions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Tiki Terrace at Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort are now officially open!
- We’re taking a first look at the exterior of the new Starbucks at Animal Kingdom, scheduled to open soon!
- The 2015 Walt Disney World Free Dining Offer is back for select travel dates and resort locations in 2015!
- We’re giving you a sneak peek at the brand new Harambe Marketplace at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, set to open later this month.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including the latest menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Today, we’re featuring more irresistible sweet treats!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 2015-2016 Disney World Vacation Must-Have E-Book Sale!
OK — so you have a Walt Disney World Trip on the books for this year — Woohoo!! There’s nothing more exciting than counting down the days to your next Walt Disney World Trip!
But, even the most spontaneous Disney fan knows that planning ahead is the key to a stress-less vacay. And that mantra is absolutely true when it comes to dining.
If you really want to dine in the hottest restaurants, you pretty much have to plan ahead. Be spontaneous, of course. But get a couple Advance Dining Reservations in place.
But which ones?
That’s where Disney Food Blog comes in! You already enjoy our reviews, news, and tips daily on our Blog. But did you know — that’s JUST the tip of the iceberg. Because we have lots more to share with you in our complete line of DFB Guides.
If you’re ready for a fun, easy way to personalize eating and drinking your way through Disney, then check out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book.
Fully updated for your 2015-2016 adventures, the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 490 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subject — Eating Your Way Through Disney! So you save time and money as you enjoy planning one of the most important parts of your trip. 😉
And to thank all of you for your support of DFB, we are offering extra savings on our most popular DFB Guide right now. Just enter promo code 2015 at checkout and you’ll save $4 off of our cover price of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book!
But if you’d like to enjoy even more detail, check out another great offer.
DFB Everything Bundle SALE!
If you’d like even more great information, pictures, and tips, then the DFB Everything Bundle is the right fit for you.
And to get you ready for that next big trip, we are offering the DFB Everything Bundle for $15 off the already low price! It’s like getting an entire book for free. Just enter promo code Everything15 at checkout to take advantage of this offer.
The Everything Bundle includes, well, Everything! When you purchase this special bundle of DFB Guides, you’ll get it all:
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2015 Edition
- The Updated DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks
- The Updated DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks
- The Updated DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks
- A Pre-Order of the 2015 DFB Guide to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and the 2014 Edition for FREE as an immediate download
- A Pre-Order of the 2015 DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays, and the 2014 Edition for FREE as an immediate download
- DFB Dining Adventures
That’s every book in our collection of critically-acclaimed DFB Guides. And with the convenient e-book format, you can load your books onto as many electronic devices as you want. Have them at your fingertips, ready to plan and take with you into the Parks. Just download and off you go!
The DFB Everything Bundle is already a terrific bargain at well below 40% off the individual prices of the books, but we’re excited to offer you these additional savings for a limited time. Enter promo code Everything15 at checkout to take advantage of this offer. Shop in confidence, knowing that all of our DFB Guides are 100% guaranteed.
Thanks for your support of DFB!
On to the Round-Up!
It’s that time of year! Star Wars Weekends are about to get underway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios — May the Fourth Be With You! Mickey Fix celebrates all things in the Star Wars galaxy with this set of rad Star Wars Glasses.
Stuff From the Park highlights a beautiful and colorful vintage Disneyland apron.
AKL Resort talks about ways to celebrate romance at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and highlights dinner at Jiko as one of the best options. Agreed!
Disney Parks Blog takes us along for a Hands-On Strudel Demo in Austria.
All Ears offers up an review of an impromptu breakfast at Las Ventanas.
Disney Tourist Blog offers a review of Cafe Hyperion at Disneyland Paris.