Happy weekend! We hope you’re having a relaxing weekend and that you’re ready to check out the latest Disney food news in our round-up!
And speaking of festivals, the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival ends this week, but you still have a few days to check it out. If you find yourself longing for dishes from the Food and Wine Festival, you’ll want to check out this recipe for Berbere Beef Tenderloin Tips from the Africa Booth!
And once the Food and Wine Festival is over it’s time to start thinking about Holidays Around the World at Epcot and the new food booths coming for this year!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We had a chance to attend the Mix It! Make It! Celebrate It! Pastry Making Workshop – check out our review!
- The 2016 Disneyland Candy Cane dates have been announced!
- We posted two new YouTube videos: a tour of the Coca-Cola Rooftop Bar and tips for budgeting your time during the holidays at Walt Disney World!
- Refillable mugs with handles are back at Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
- We visited the Banana Cabana Pool Bar at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Check out the exclusive treats and complimentary eats at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- We recently enjoyed the Dim Sum Brunch at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
We recently asked our Twitter followers what their favorite dish was at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival. DFB fan Kathy Karalekas was one of several people who said the Canadian cheddar cheese soup served with a pretzel roll from the Canada Marketplace Booth was her favorite dish. We love it too!
We love it when our fans share their fun food photos with us and this week DFB reader Scott Price wins for cutest photo of the week! We love his photo of the Mezzo Metro pizza from Via Napoli and several very happy kids! Thanks for sharing!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 20% Off the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Holidays 2016 with code CANDYCANE!
We’re celebrating the grand launch of the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2106! We’ve been busy updating all the latest holiday tips and brand new info you NEED to know before you head to Walt Disney World for the holiday season, including NEW events and holiday happenings, over 380 pages, 350 full-color photos, and an informative FAQ section.
Save 20% off the cover price! Just use code CANDYCANE at checkout!
The guide includes:
- Detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the parks and resorts this year — including tips on how to make the best use of your time and money when visiting!
- A full chapter dedicated to all “New for 2016” events, dining options, and activities, including what’s new at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, and Epcot’s Holidays Around the World.
- A fully comprehensive holiday dining section with listings of holiday snacks, treats, meals, and menu items offered this year — from popcorn kiosks all the way to Signature Restaurants.
- NEW! Holiday cooking tips and recipes straight from Walt Disney World chefs
- Updated chapter on where to dine with no advance dining reservations.
- Updated chapter on 10 must-eat snacks this holiday season.
- A clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you.
- Comprehensive listings — with color photos! — of Disney Resort holiday decor and gingerbread displays
- Our recommendations on ways to SAVE while you’re in Disney World this holiday season.
- Scavenger Hunts for every theme park
- Disney Cruise Line Chapter
- A Preview of the 2017 Holidays in Disney World
- Expanded Epcot Holidays Around the World section
- Expanded Disney Springs holiday offerings
- Expanded Disney’s Hollywood Studios holiday offerings
- New! Religious services chapter
- New! Hotel discounts chapter
- Expanded “tips” chapter
- Updated What’s New section
- Updated and Expanded Holiday Dining sections
- Updated holiday activities/events chapters
- New and updated crawls and touring strategies
- Updated Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event and dining information
- And more!
Both veterans and those new to the Walt Disney World holidays will appreciate knowing what they are getting before spending time and vacation dollars. Whether you want to sample treats, enjoy a show, savor a holiday meal, or find the best activity for your family, The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2016 will help you discover the right strategy for you.
Don’t forget — for easy access in the parks, put the guide on your smartphone or iPad!
Once again, celebrate the grand launch with us by getting 20% off the purchase price for the e-Book TODAY!
On to the Round-Up!
found this Star Wars Self-Stirring Mug – perfect for those mornings when you just can’t even!
Walt Disney World for Grownups shared a review of some quick eats at Morimoto Asia Street Food.
Disney Family shared a fun recipe for Minnie Mouse Cinnamon Rolls with Strawberry Bows.
Oh My Disney shared some “unexpectedly delicious” Disney Parks food combos.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Pumpkin Soup from Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!