Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The FULL MENUS for Epcot’s upcoming FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL are out! And we’ve got them here — plus a TON of photos of returning food items to the booths! Check them out and start your planning – the Festival starts Wednesday, February 28!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We reviewed Mickey Cake Pops – one of our favorite treats!
- We shared some details about possible dates for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Disneyland is adding a Tropical Hideaway Restaurant in Adventureland!
- Reserved seating for Passholders at the Garden Rocks Concerts at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- We have more details on the Star Wars Hotel coming to Disney World.
- Check out the food booths at the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival! Plus we have news on two more brand new booths!
- Lamplight Lounge is coming to Pixar Pier this summer!
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace at Disney California Adventure has an updated menu!
- Check out the dates and details for the 2018 Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic.
- Changes are coming to Be Our Guest at the Magic Kingdom!
- We discussed if Tiffins is worth two table service credits.
- Check out the Disney Cupcake Challenge!
- Disneyland’s Harbour Galley has a new seasonal soup!
- Butterfly Beer is coming to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- We checked out some new eats at the Golden Oak Outpost in the Magic Kingdom.
- AJ was the guest on this week’s Main Street Magic podcast!
- New DFB YouTube videos: How to Survive Disney World Weather (and Hurricane Season), China Food Tour, and the DFB Cupcake Challenge.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: How to Survive Disney World Weather (and Hurricane Season)
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video – How to Survive Disney World Weather (and Hurricane Season). Check it out — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: 25% off the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018 is here and we’re celebrating the grand launch with 25% off the cover price with promo code WDW2018.
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2018 Edition is full of need-to-know details, tools, and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- An in-depth analysis of the Disney Dining Plan and whether it’s right for YOU.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
With over 600 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started planning your next Disney World vacation!
Here’s Just Some Of What We’ve Updated In the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book:
- Fully updated prices and restaurant info for 2018 visitors
- Updated details about available discounts and deals at Disney World restaurants
- DFB’s own 2018 recommendations for everything from table service to counter service to snacks and more
- Over 600 pages of updated Disney Dining advice, details, and information
- Disney Dining Plan Analysis — Is it right for your family? Can you really save money?
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- Updated reviews of all Disney World restaurants, kiosks, bars, and lounges including all new eateries
- An updated chapter focused on one of the most popular Disney dining topics: Snacks in the theme parks and resorts
- A comprehensive section of What’s NEW in Disney Food, including new restaurants, new menus, restaurant closures, and more
- Updated information about the My Magic+ Planning System that Disney rolled out in 2013, and how it may affect your 2018 Disney plans
- Changes coming to Disney World in 2018 and 2019!
As you can see, this is a labor of love and we put a ton of time and effort (and research) into ensuring that we are sharing with you the most relevant, up to date Disney Food Information that’s available. We do this so that you can plan your own Disney visit with confidence, and have the trip of a lifetime, every time.
And right now you can save 25% off the cover price with promo code WDW2018!
DFB Reader Finds
The Sunday Roast at Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room in Epcot’s UK Pavilion is a delicious traditional meal. DFB fan Elizabeth Rasmussen recently had a chance to enjoy it and says “it’s pretty good.”
On to the Round-Up!
shared this fun Darth Vader Pancake Maker!
WDW for Grownups shared their tips for food photography at Disney World.
Disney Parks Blog shared recipes for Hawaiian snack foods from Aulani.
Disney Family shared a recipe for a Cheshire Cat Cake Roll!
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!