This “hotel” is actually more of a 2-night experience, and it will throw guests straight into the middle of their very own Star Wars adventure. There will be cool restaurants, a lightsaber training experience, and SO much more. And it all sounds like a ton of fun!
There are SO many ways Disney is planning to “take us to space” in the near future.
For one, Space 220 will be opening (someday) in EPCOT so that guests can dine in space (although it’s been delayed several times so we’re really questioning if we made it all up at this point). Plus, the Galactic Starcruiser (the Star Wars Hotel), will transport guests INTO the Star Wars universe like never before!
We’re heading to a galaxy far, far away!
We’re super excited about the new Star Wars hotel, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser that’s currently under construction outside of Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Once it’s completed, the hotel will offer guests an immersive Star Wars experience that takes theming to the next level!
Between new attractions, restaurants, the Epcot Transformation, and prep for the 50th anniversary in 2021, Disney World has a ton of construction projects in the works.
When we first found out that Disney World was closing its gates, we wondered if Disney would use the time to make some serious progress on all of those projects. But we soon learned that wouldn’t be happening. Based on government recommendations, Disney decided to halt all construction projects.
We’re all eagerly awaiting more info about the next-level “hotel” coming to Walt Disney World — the Galactic Starcruiser: Halcyon!
This Star Wars themed hotel is coming to Disney World in 2021, and we know it’s going to sell out basically forever and immediately as soon as booking opens. So…how do you make sure you KNOW when booking opens so that you can secure your coveted spot on this starcruiser?
There was SO MUCH NEWS coming out of the D23 Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event that took place this morning that we thought we’d dive into a few individual topics, including one we’re especially excited about: the Star Wars Resort coming to Walt Disney World!
More concept art was revealed by a presentation from Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek for what is to be a completely immersive and unique experience, which will place guests directly into a starship “that comes alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy.” [Read more…]
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of checking out ALL the changes coming to Disney World over the next few years!
If you’re planning a trip, you NEED to watch this video — it’s your ultimate guide to everything that’s opening soon, coming soon, and changing soon — including projected opening dates! [Read more…]
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of checking out 11 reasons why your next Disney trip will be AWESOME!
In today’s video we’re checking out awesome new eats, fun experiences, and other things that might be a bit under the radar that will make your next Disney vacation amazing! All of the items would be super fun additions to your trip itinerary, including the DFB Cupcake Crawl!
Check out our 11 reasons why your next trip will be awesome in today’s video! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- The location for the Star Wars Hotel has been confirmed!
- Two big changes coming to the Disneyland Annual Passholder Program!
- More details have been released for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We have everything you need to know about Toy Story Land before it opens.
- We shared the best Disney donuts!
- Tambu Lounge is closing this summer at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Mobile Order is now available for everyone at Disneyland!
- Check out these four budget tips for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Morimoto Asia named a new Chef de Cuisine.
- Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar serving Sunday Supper starting this month.
- Disney World’s Starbucks locations were closed for one day this week for diversity training.
- There’s a new Pixar Fest Afternoon Tea Celebration at the Disneyland Hotel.
- We checked out the new Incredible Eats at the Magic Kingdom.
- Onion Petals now on the menu at Rosie’s All-American Cafe in Hollywood Studios.
- Check out our review of the new Rix Sports Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs.
- We have the concept art for the new waterfront dining at Coronado Springs.
- Get the details on the dessert parties and dining for the Magic Kingdom’s holiday parties.
- Check out our review of the Buttercup and Toy Story Alien Caramel Apples at Pixar Fest!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 6 Must-Do Epcot Food and Wine Travel Hacks,
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
We’ve known for some time that the immersive Star Wars Resort is going to be — according to Disney — “seamlessly connected” to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios, which is slated to open in late fall 2019.
But it will be connected in more ways than simply in story. Today Disney has confirmed the location of the Star Wars Resort!